Rebecki65
on 5/17/12 9:27 am - OR
RNY on 08/20/12
Hello everyone!

I've been reading this board for the past two months now and I really enjoy everyone's input and insight to WLS.  I've learned so much, and you have all helped me in this WLS decision.  I'm going for the RNY!

I met with my surgeon yesterday and we got the ball rolling.  I have a slew of tests to run this month, mostly next Friday (getting them all done in one day), then the psych meeting, the nutritionist meeting, and physical therapist meeting in June.  I need to lose 5% (about 12lbs) before surgery, and my target date is end of July or beginning of August.  However, the nurse said if I can get all my tests done, and lose 4lbs in the next couple of weeks, we might get to bump it up to June.  I have to be careful losing though because they don't want my BMI to go lower than 40 for insurance reasons.

Anyway, wanted to become part of the crew here and be able to share my story with you and others who are considering this procedure.  Can't WAIT to get my life back!  I'll add more "Before" photos to my profile later this week.

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!      
HW: 243  CW: 157  SW: 217
RNY: 8/20/12  Age: 48 Height: 5'3"

I've lost 86lbs!  Lost 90, but the honeymoon phase is over.  Now the real work begins!

qnmimi
on 5/17/12 2:36 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Congrats! Don't worry about losing too much weight prior to surgery...your initial weight when you started this process should be the weight they use for insurance. This is going to be a real busy time for you, but it just makes time go by faster too. Good luck on the journey to the new you.

Most Active
Recent Topics