Mibi Tes

Alvina300
on 5/22/12 6:43 am - Canada
I failed my stress test and now I need to have a Mibi test. Has anyone had this and how did it affect the outcome of surgery or were you cleared to go ahead?

Thanks
Alvina
JJ_
on 5/22/12 10:20 am
Hi Alvina.  I didn't have either test pre-surgery. I just want to wish you well on the second test.

Judy
Alvina300
on 5/22/12 10:35 am - Canada
Hi Judy

Thanks, I'll need alot of patience since my surgery will be delayed.  Would you recommend surgery to others?

Thanks
Alvina
JJ_
on 5/22/12 10:43 am
I am in Ontario.  I would recommend the surgery.  I have had no complications.  I am able to drink without pain. Have not had issues with any food. I had the surgery in December 2011. I am down 87 lbs and feeling good.  I take my vitamins, take some prunes in the evening to keep things smooth in the morning.

Life is getting better.  I am no longer on any diabetes medication.

Patience is good. They want to make sure that you are medically stable prior to surgery.

All the best

Judy
Alvina300
on 5/22/12 12:55 pm - Canada
Hi Judy

Thats encouraging.  Where did you have the surgery?   Which one did you have.  Thats amazing, 87lbs, thats very good.  How long were you off work when you had surgery?  Do you do alot of exercising?  I look forward to hearing about your experience with WLS

Thanks
Alvina
JJ_
on 5/22/12 4:27 pm
I had the RNY in Ottawa.  The Bariatric Centre gave me a sick leave note for a minimum of 4 weeks off work (they had a provision that indicated that it may be longer).  I also took 4 weeks of holidays, so I was off a total of 8 weeks.  That was the best investment of my time.  I took a nap most every afternoon.  I found it a challenge to get used to what I could eat, how much protein, liquids I was consuming and the timinig of having vitamins throughout the day/evening.  Even when I went back to work, I found that it took me about a week to get into the being at work again routine. 

I am not a big exerciser.  I prefer to walk and do more physical activity that brings movement.

`With this surgery, you still need to ensure your healthy nutrition (aka diet).  However, what I could not understand fully before surgery, is that it is so much easier as I am not hungry and I truly cannot eat as much.

Judy
Alvina300
on 5/23/12 12:35 am - Canada
Hi Judy

Wow,  I am getting two weeks off so I hope everything will go okay.   I can only imagine the challenge of a total change in food consumption.  Its hard to wrap your brain around the fact that 1/2 of 1 cup of food is enough to satisfy, but it makes sense when your stomach is that much smaller.  Whats a aka diet?

Thanks
Alvina
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/22/12 5:21 pm - OH
The MIBI stress test simply utilizes a radioactive tracer that enables them to see the details of your heart function and the blood flow in and out of it before and after physical exertion.  It can be used in conjunction with the traditional treadmill stress test or with the chemically-induced stress test.  It just provides more detail and can help them identify blockages or heart defects.  The test itself is not much different than the one you already had.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Alvina300
on 5/23/12 12:30 am - Canada
Hi Lora

Thanks for the info.  I wonder why it takes a year to get this test done in Winnipeg.  I have to get it done in Brandon, about 4 hour drive from my place.  Oh well

Thanks
Alvina
Paul C.
on 5/23/12 12:41 am - Cumming, GA
 I had a nuclear stress test done along with an ecg to get clearance for surgery.  My Cardio doc said even if the test came back with an issue it wouldn't disqualify but possibly delay surgery as they would want to treat and get any issues under control prior to me having surgery.

Fortunately my results came back fine and I was cleared.  Don't stress what you can't control and remember every test is just to make sure you will come through surgery.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views