So uninspired at the grocery store!

JenK130
on 5/24/12 8:32 am
RNY on 01/30/12

I am in a food rut!  I need new ideas.  I go to the grocery store and just kind of wander the isles trying to get inspired with food ideas. 
Alright just had to get that off my chest.

RNY 1/30/12  

soozieq
on 5/24/12 8:41 am, edited 5/24/12 8:42 am
I don't know how far into your diet you are, but I'm going to assume you're on solids.  Now that the weather is getting nice, what about grilled italian sausages (you can get these in turkey if you prefer) and some grilled veggies like asparagus, zucchini, portabella mushroom, red onion, and red bell pepper.  *edited to add:  Serve with a little spicy aioli

I also love chicken with sundried tomato, goat cheese, and pine nuts.  Mix together with some pesto.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
laurawilson25
on 5/24/12 8:53 am - Groves, TX
 I get good ideas from reading the "What are you doing/eating today" posts. Try that for a few days to make your grocery list.  

Amelia born full term May 15, 2012. 7 lbs, 2 oz. 11 lbs left to lose to make pre-baby weight.

And what does the LORD require of you?; To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. 
Micah 6:8  
poet_kelly
on 5/24/12 9:19 am - OH
Maybe you can tell us what you've been eating and what sort of things you like.  You could also check out bariatricfoodie.com for some great ideas.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JenK130
on 5/24/12 10:14 am
RNY on 01/30/12
Just looked at bariaticfoodie.  Good ideas!!  I think my biggest problem is pleasing my needs, a picky 6 year old and then my husband!  Today I put a couple of chicken breasts and tomato sauce in the crockpot and it made a nice sauce over a tiny bit of whole wheat pasta. 
 RNY 1/30/12  

JJ_
on 5/24/12 10:53 am
At your stage, I would read over the list of approved foods and decided which ones I would like to eat.  I would plan out my dinners for the week and know that I can eat leftovers the next day for breakfast and/or lunch.  Then I made my shopping list before heading to the grocery store.

Another good inspiring website is The world according to Eggface:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.ca/

Lots of ideas and pics of the food too.  YUMMY!

Judy
Pickett6
on 5/25/12 1:22 am
As someone else said, the "What are you doing/eating today?" thread is very helpful.  Also, Nik's BariatricFoodie site is an inspiration for me.  Usually before I shop for a week, I go onto her site and choose one or two recipes that sound good and then buy the ingredients. Since I live alone, her recipes will either feed me for several days, portions can be frozen, or, when possible, I cut down on the ingredients proportionally to make smaller sizes.  I highly recommend having one or two new recipes in hand each time you go to the grocery store during the first 6 months or so post-op; it keeps you from staying in a rut and also helps prepare you for eating in the long term ahead.  You begin to focus in on recipes that you really like and want to have around most often. And, it's fun!!
Most Active
Recent Topics