Can't believe I just did that....

Wirick27
on 5/25/12 6:50 pm
 So I was putting away dinner after my family ate and without even realizing what I was doing I put a small bite of the kalua pork in my mouth chewed and swallowed... Realized just about then what I did.... Now I'm waiting and praying that it passes ok... I'm only nine days out and on liquids. Praying this doesng hurt.
Reel
on 5/25/12 8:12 pm
So, in order to remain successful with your post-op eating plan you may have to have your family deal with kitchen duties until you are able to eat regular foods. Perhaps by putting away food while you are basically on a liquid diet and filled with head hunger and cravings was an unconscious set up for you to eat. I would going forward follow your surgeon's plan. Nothing you can do about it now but not set yourself up again. Best Wishes. 

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

wendydettmer
on 5/25/12 9:48 pm - Rochester, NY
old habits die hard. hopefully it passes ok without pain.

for the first few weeks i was hardly in the kitchen, poor hubby did most of the work. smells bugged me a bit and i was in serious pain.

i know that's not possible for everyone, but maybe if the routine was switched up a bit (listen to music, etc), it could be a first step to changing habits.

it's tough but gets easier!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

anewbeginning2012
on 5/25/12 10:58 pm - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 It's amazing what habits we have that we don't even realize until it's done too late. Mine is nibbling in the kitchen too, so hopefully I can switch my role for a while until I break that habit cycle too after surgery. Hope all goes well with you.