Are you still losing after your honeymoon phase

RainDiva
on 5/27/12 9:55 pm
Thank you everyone

dasie
on 5/27/12 10:13 pm
It does slow doen, but you can get there...it just takes time.  Do not give up.  Keep doing what you've been doing.  You may have to change up what you are doing.  If you are a carb eater, try eliminating them.  If you do not do much cardio, try adding that....or weight training.  Make sure you are tracking your food.  I had a lot more weight loss potential after 8 months.  I could have lost a lot more after 12 months if I had stayed on my plan. 

rbb825
on 5/28/12 4:03 pm - Suffern, NY
You are only 8 months out, you cant expect to lose the entire thing that fast or you would shock your system.  You have lost alot of weight for 8 months adn still have alot of time before the malabsorbtion stops most people have until 18-24 months.

I was a lightweight, so my weight loss was much slower, so my surgeon told me 10 pounds per month for the first 6 months, then 5 pounds per month for the next 6 months for about 90 pounds in the first year.  This is exactly what I did.  I got to 100 pounds and goal at 14 months just on schedule.

MyLady Heidi
on 5/28/12 6:48 pm
It took me 1 year to get to my surgeons goal of 178 and another 1.5 years to get to my goal of 138.  Its going to take a life time of dieting to remain there.  I recently gave up all bad carbs and protein bars and am nearly back down to goal after my 10lb gain, I weighed 142 the other day.  Yesterday I went shopping and size 4 slipped on easily once again.  This is a lifetime of change, you can weigh whatever you want as long as you are willing to work for it.  A healthy diet and as much exercise as possible is the key.

Good Luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics