Latte's

Wirick27
on 5/31/12 7:54 am
Im not much of a coffee drinker but once in a while I liked getting one (couple times a year) only problem is I only like the breve vanilla latte's.... Any chance this will be do-able after bypass? I know it only has like 9 grams of sugar for a small. 
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/12 8:17 am - Bay City, MI
Vanilla Skinny Latte's at Starbucks is sf. Also, I make latte's at home. I take 1% milk and mix it with the coffee concentrate that is sold in the milk section. It's sf, and is only a coffee flavor. I add sweet n low and it's supper yummy!
poet_kelly
on 5/31/12 9:17 am - OH
Most people can tolerate nine grams of sugar after RNY.  But you can also get sugar free lattes, if the sugar is a problem for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Don 1962
on 5/31/12 9:21 am
My name is Don and I'm a latte addict!

Full load SBX venti with three pumps each of SF vanilla and SF caramel.  If not real deal SBX will go with some local knock off till I can get the real deal.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

SBee
on 5/31/12 9:35 am - Keller, TX
Hi,

The fat in a Breve latte is more of an issue than sugar.  Breve is made with half and half.  The tall (small) size has 36 grams of fat.

Like others have said, you can easily sub sugar free syrups but you should just order regular milk (which is 2%) or ask them to mix regular and skim for 1% if you want some richness and can tolerate the fat.
nkara
on 5/31/12 10:07 am
 many of the local coffee shops will have something sugar free. I always ask.  I LOVE coffee!  

I also have a place near me that has sugar free chai and I get mine iced with 2 ... yes 2 shots of espresso!    Caffiene does not bother me.. I can go to sleep in a heart beat. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

seattledeb
on 5/31/12 10:11 am
 Breve equals tons o'fat. I would be very sick on that.
Why don't you try weaning off with a 2% sugar free latte?

happy_baker
on 5/31/12 10:12 am
RNY on 02/15/12
 I don't know what "breve" means. Is that a size?

Anyway, twice a week or so, I go to Kaldis and treat myself to a large iced turtle latte--nonfat and sugar free. The only sugar is the lactose from the milk, which I tolerate just fine so far.  Dairy products and I are good friends.

If you end up being lactose intolerant or super sensitive to dairy sugars, then you might have a problem with it, but everyone's mileage varies. 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
seattledeb
on 5/31/12 12:20 pm
 Breve means the milk they use is half and half. I drank plenty of them pre-op!
Venti Iced Breve Mocha with extra whip....millions of calories in one drink!

Shelly S.
on 5/31/12 10:38 am - Mason, MI
I love coffee, it might be my transfer addiction. I like to steer clear of the carbs and sugar in milk too, so I order an Americano (Espresso and ho****er) with a little skim and SF syrup.

Most coffee places have SF options and sometimes the people making the coffee have great combinations so ask for suggestions too.

Enjoy and have fun!
Shelly Smith    
HW 326 SW 293 CW 180 GW 160        
Most Active
Recent Topics