Eating post-op

Wirick27
on 6/6/12 3:40 am
 I'm three weeks post op and every time I eat I feel nauseas..... Is that normal.
Rick White
on 6/6/12 3:51 am
RNY on 03/26/12
The most common side effect. It gets better! Best wishes!

poet_kelly
on 6/6/12 3:53 am - OH
It's not really abnormal, but not everyone experiences that.  There is probably something causing it that can/should be fixed.

does it happen with everything you eat or just some things?

How much do you eat at a time?  If you eat less at a time, does that help?

are you eating too fast?  Does slowing down/chewing more help?

Do you throw up or just feel nauseous?  And how bad is the nausea?  Is it something that just feels icky for a few minutes, or is it so bad you can't eat much?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Wirick27
on 6/6/12 4:08 am
 Its pretty much with everything...I'm usually only able to get about 1/4 cup of anything down...sometimes more like 1/2 cup but very rarely. I try to take the 30min to eat slowly. I just get the nausea have not had anything come up since surgery, & it lasts for like 30 min every time I eat.
poet_kelly
on 6/6/12 4:09 am - OH
Do you have meds for nausea?  If not, you could call your doc and ask them to call in a script for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 6/6/12 4:11 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 1/4 cup is normal intake for 3 weeks out. Are you on full liquids or soft foods? At 3 weeks I was slowly incorporating soft foods into my diet, and I did progress very cautiously. I had no nausea--partly from caution, I guess, and partly from luck. Don't push yourself.

Princess Brandy
on 6/6/12 4:31 am - PA
 I would call your doctor, mine gave me a patch that really seems to be helping. It's the same one they use for motion sickness.
Cherokeesage
on 6/6/12 8:51 am
RNY on 02/24/12
There is also a cream that the Dr can have the pharmacy make that you rub on the wrist.  I take it with me when I go on a long car trip.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

MissLisaD
on 6/6/12 9:39 am - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
 I'm only 6 days post op but I was having the WORST NAUSEA ALL DAY LONG! I called my surgeons office yesterday and they prescribed me something that worked like a charm!! I'd call if I were you!

HW: (265 in 2007) Consult weight: 247 SW: 221 CW:151.8 GW:140     

Most Active
Recent Topics