My 1 mo. follow up isn't until 3.5 mos. out...

SkinnyDipper
on 6/9/12 10:55 am - Canada
...thank God I have all of you to help me along!

I am so frustrated that I can't get into my NUT until the end of August and I had my surgery on May 14. By the end of August I will have tried most foods I am sure so I am hoping you all don't mind advising me along the way so I don't try something I may not be ready for yet...

Rant over.

Check out my blog @ http://theskinnydipper.blogspot.ca/
poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 11:09 am - OH
Wow, that's ridiculous.  Maybe you want to find another registered dietician you can consult with?  One that can, you know, actually see you?  I'm assuming this is the nutritionist at your surgeon's office?  Does your surgeon know you cannot get an appointment until several months after surgery?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SkinnyDipper
on 6/9/12 11:14 am - Canada
well since it's paid for here i am a part of a program and all of my appointments are delayed. I haven't seen my surgeon since the surgery because he said if I felt fine I didn't need a follow up. I saw my GP and he's happy. The only one I really want to see right away is the NUT. I have called and left a message requesting a more immediate appointment but still waiting on a call back. Apparently it takes 72 hours for them to get back to me.

poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 11:18 am - OH
Well, if you're not getting any follow up, then there is nothing to be paid for!  The surgeon says if you feel fine, you don't need a follow up?  I have never heard of a surgeon saying that.  Hopefully your GP can care for any problems you might have and do all your labs for you, because your surgeon sounds like he is not going to be of any assistance at all.  He may be very good at operating, but the rest of his program sounds like... well, there doesn't seem to be much of a program!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SkinnyDipper
on 6/9/12 11:29 am - Canada
Yeah my GP is great and I meet with the social worker and nurse pracitioner from my surgeon's team next month. I just think it's weird that they're still calling those my 1 month follow up.

soozieq
on 6/9/12 1:09 pm
You're in Canada so I'm not sure if that's normal procedure or not -- hopefully some Canadian RNYers will check in.

I would really feel unsure of what to do if I didn't have the consistent direction from my NUT and surgeon.  Are they at least available to talk if you call them?  It seems like they're setting you up to fail.  It doesn't make sense to me.  It's like.. "hey!  We gave you the surgery.  Good luck on your own!"
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
jewel-twin
on 6/9/12 1:24 pm - Canada
There are benefits and drawbacks to the Canadian health care.  The benefits definitly outweigh the drawbacks if you ask me.  Wait times are a drawback for sure.  Perhaps if you contact your GP you can get a referral to a NUT that is more available. 

Having worked in our healthcare system, it can be slow.  Keep calling... Call the office directly and ask if the regular 1 mth follow up is supposed to be three months out and ask them who you contact if something doesn't seem right.  Let them know you are trying to contact the NUT but not getting called back and you have pressing questions and concerns.

Good luck.

Juls

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?