Rough Day Today - Rant

Lisa T.
on 6/10/12 3:22 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
Today has started out as my roughest day since my surgery on Thursday.  It is also my first full day home from the hospital.  I didn't sleep well last night and woke up with a pain level of 7 on a 10 scale.  The the crying started.  It was tough to make my breakfast in such a state but I made it through.  Throw in a period of time where I thought I was going to vomit and I was a hot mess by the time my mom arrived for the day. 

After breakfast I took a 30 min walk around the neighborhood.  It helped, but I'm still feeling a little raw and sad.  The worst of this is that I have no idea why I'm so emotional today.  I'm getting ready to heat up my lunch (1 oz cream of shroom soup, strained and 1 oz of V8) then heading out for another walk.  It is hot in Indiana today, so I am going to try going to a big box store (Home Depot maybe) to get a few laps inside the AC. 

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Jennifer M.
on 6/10/12 3:37 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 It's totally normal to feel the sads.  The fat loss from surgery combined with aftereffects from the anesthesia causes estrogen (and other hormones) to be flushed out of your system.  It feels like the worst PMS you can imagine.  For me, I was overly emotional for about two weeks, and then it took a couple months to get back to normal.  By the third month, I was pretty much fine.  

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/10/12 3:45 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
sounds pretty normal to me. Take your pain meds!! I had to every 4 hours around the clock, and don't forget to take something for constipation.
Sounds like you are doing great with your walking , I can.t walk or exercise , I do try upper body stuff and stretches , but that is it for me until knee and hip replacement
I am 9.5 weeks out and just now stopped being teary, and I DON'T cry , my family was a little weirded out by me

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

poet_kelly
on 6/10/12 4:33 am - OH
I can tell you why you're so emotional.  You still have lots of medications in your system, you're tired, you're in pain, and you're not able to eat like you normally do.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

pwoo10
on 6/10/12 5:00 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
 Hello fellow Hoosier.  My surgery was Wednesday.  Hope you get comfortable soon.  

Lisa T.
on 6/10/12 10:12 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
Thanks ladies. Yesterday just threw me for a loop. I thought I had thoroughly prepared both mentally & physically for post-surgery changes. I learned all the prep in the world while beneficial doesn't always lead to a smooth real-time experience. Today is off to a much better start.

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Laura in Texas
on 6/10/12 10:25 pm
Take your pain meds as often as you are allowed for the next few days to prevent the pain. I promise it gets better. Hang in there!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 311 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 229 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 294 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 149 views