Bariatric Advantage Pre-Op Vitamins

gishstar
on 6/12/12 12:44 am

So I recently purchased a few protein shakes to get accustomed to increasing my protein intake, and also get used to taking a multi-vitamin every day.

I got the recommended chewable multi-vitamin for pre-op patients, the "KetogenX" Chewable Multi Formula "mixed berry flavor". Something I notice (besides the flavor that I don't really enjoy), is that the tablets will foam or fizz in my mouth as I'm either sucking on them, or chewing them.

Has anyone else ever taken these multi-vitamins and experienced the same thing?

Sherry T.
on 6/12/12 2:24 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
My surgeon sells a "kit" for post-op with the protein shakes and vitamins and OMG! the Multi-Vitamins are gawd awful...I managed to get 2 down for the first day home from the hospital but had the hubby go to Kroger and buy some Flintstones complete (its approved on his list) and while I can still taste the vitamins in there it's not nearly like these others.  These are Bariatric Advantage Metagenics in a Berry Flavor.  Blech! 

I can suggest the Calcium Citrate Chews in the Caramel Flavor from BA.  They are YUM! I eat them for my dessert at night.  I have a bag of chocolate that I'm eating just because the kit was a fortune but will definitely go back to the caramel ones when I'm close to needing a refill. 

I'm like you, never was a vitamin taker in the beginning...had to take them at night when I remembered so I wouldn't get nauceous and taste them all day.  So, I've done really well since having surgery to remember to take my vitamins! 

Good Luck! I'm still trying to find a protein power/shake that I like! 

Sherry
gishstar
on 6/12/12 2:36 am

That's good to know that the BA multivitamins are nasty! hahaha
I figured I should start taking a daily vitamin now to get into the routine.

BA sells this awesome "Nectar" protein powder. It tastes like juice. No joke. It's not thick and gross smelling either. Well, kind of gross smelling, but you don't taste the whey like you do with other protein shakes. I highly recommend it. I got the "Fuzzy Peach" flavor and I could swear I'm drinking "tang".

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics