Forgive me pouch, for I have sinned and sinned...and sinned again.

Ruby_Trout
on 6/13/12 2:55 pm - Canada

While a six pound weight gain many seem like nothing to some of you, I am pretty freaked out.  I need to get back to basics and pay very close attention to what is happening to my body.  I have been pretty blase the last six months about eating and drinking properly since I was happy with my weight.  Now, at just over two years out, I think I am experiencing "bounce back" .  Really, I am over eating.  I know it.  I need to go back to measuring carefully, not grazing, keeping meals and liquids separate, focusing more on protien, all those things I was so dilligent about before I got into a relationship a few months back and let is all slide too far.  My poor pouch and poor body.  They need some attention and focus right now.  Lucky for me I am seriously crazy active.  If I were not, I would not have gained six pounds, but more like sixteen or twenty.  I run forty miles a week as well as downhill bike in the Summer and downhill ski all Winter.  I have participated in three half marathons in eight months and am thinking about signing up for a fourth one in August and then one in early October.  If I drop the six pounds, I am thinking my time will get better.  So here's hoping... and here's to working hard to get where I should be! 

Ruby Trout 

Spudgrl
on 6/13/12 3:29 pm - Kuna, ID
Just a little support headed your way...sounds like you already have sorted out the issue and now you just need to put your plan in action. You will nurse your tool back to health and feel fabulous again in no time.

HW 410/CW165/GW165
Remember the past, Live in the present, Trust in the future........

THE_life10
on 6/13/12 5:16 pm
RNY on 03/26/12
You can do it!

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

nfarris79
on 6/13/12 8:23 pm - Germantown, MD
 You can do it!!!! Just a little tweeking & you'll be back on track! Gotta say that amount of activity is amazing though!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

poet_kelly
on 6/13/12 10:11 pm - OH
Well, I don't think gaining six pounds or eating a little too much is a sin.  I don't think it has anything to do with morality.

If you've been drinking with meals, stop.  Drinking with meals makes it easy to overeat since it empties your pouch quickly and gives you more room for food and makes you hungry fast.

Signing up for a half marathon sounds like a great way to motivate yourself to stick to a plan, ad you already know what to do - measure your food, don't drink with meals, focus on protein, etc.  Good luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kay L.
on 6/13/12 10:36 pm - N., AL
I understand perfectly what you mean. You, of course, are not talking about morality! LOL! But, we CAN "sin" against the rules we should be playing by to make the life changes for long-term success. It sounds like you know what you're doing and what you NEED to be doing. So I'll just offer some support and say "Get back on that horse and ride!!" And way to go on your activity level. Very inspirational.
Laura in Texas
on 6/13/12 10:41 pm
Yep. Get your act together or 6 can become 50 real quick. About the 2 year mark I had a 10 pounds gain, but lost it quickly and now at almost 4 years out I am 5 pounds below my goal weight. A lot of people who had their surgery about the sme time I did are experiencing big regains. I am determined to keep my weight in check. We can do it!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

NCwarriorchick
on 6/13/12 11:22 pm
First I LOVE your title to this thread. I think its amazng that you can run that much in a week. Sounds like you know what you have to do and just need a little support. Well GOOD LUCK to you!

mamaphat3
on 6/14/12 2:35 am
I to am in the exact point you are. I will be 2 yrs out in july and i have gained also but gained 15lbs. I have been drinking alot of wine and eating carbs and i am going to stop both of those comforts. It is summer and i plan to eat more fresh fruit and protein drinks and lots and lots of h20 or caffeine free tea. Try the carb cleanse diet that was posted today to help you get on track. best of luck and keep up the good work on being active and you will be fine.