Dumping

JenK130
on 6/15/12 8:24 am
RNY on 01/30/12
I feel like I am starting to dump more and more.  I am 4.5 months out.  It is probably a more mild dumping.  Today I had a muscle milk protein drink after the gym and soon after got hot flashes and just felt bad.  Has anyone else experienced this at 4-5 months out? 

Thanks
 RNY 1/30/12  

poet_kelly
on 6/15/12 8:30 am - OH
Are hot flashes your only symptom?  Because if it is, I doubt it's dumping.  Something else could be causing them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Larry Wassmann
on 6/15/12 8:36 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
May have driven your blood sugars too low at gym. Happens to me sometimes. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

JenK130
on 6/15/12 8:39 am
RNY on 01/30/12
I get very hot, tired, a little light headed and feel like all I want to do is lie down.  I am not sure what it is but was shocked that I felt that way after a protein shake today!
 RNY 1/30/12  

Lady Lithia
on 6/15/12 8:53 am
what are the stats on the drink: protein grams? fat grams? sugar grams? 

that sounds more like hypoglycemia than dumping

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

JenK130
on 6/15/12 8:57 am
RNY on 01/30/12
It had 200 calories, 10 g fat, 21 g protein and 3 g sugar
Lady Lithia
on 6/15/12 9:18 am
I don't think it was dumping. That seems to have very little sugar overall.

Though frankly, if it were me, I'd try to steer to a protein drink with far less fat and less sugar.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

ChristineB
on 6/15/12 10:28 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
How old are you? If you were in your late 40's to early 50's I would suggest menopause. 

Touch base with your doc or nutritionist.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Dave Chambers
on 6/15/12 10:29 am - Mira Loma, CA
Low bp might be the issue. At around 7 mo. post op, I began having dizzy issues and passed out at home a few times. One of my symptoms when I got dizzy was a "hot rush" that ran from my gut to my head, leaving my head and ears feeling momentary very warm. I had one of these issues in a store in front of a friend of mine, and was told my face got as red as the red shirt I was wearing. I ended up with  pacemaker to resolve my issue, and back on my bp meds I'd taken for the 15 preceeding years.  At the time of running tests to figure out my issue, I had documented pulse rates of 38 and 45 while being fitted for Holter Monitor and Event Monitors.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
Recent Topics