Shaking

Amber Isbell
on 6/16/12 12:07 pm - Devine, TX
So, I am 11 days out from rny surgery.  I wake up every morning shaking from head to toe. Then at random times through out the day I just start the same shaking issue.  I can't contribute it to anything. 

FYI:
*I have discovered I actually cant stand the taste of water anymore:(
*I am not able to get much protein in.
*I am unable to take any of the vitamins-they make me vomit and with having two hernias repaired at the time of surgery I am very nervous about vomiting as that is probably what made my hernias.
*My blood pressure is running on the low side: 90/56
*My Dr. said we'd talk about the issues listed above at my two week post-op and just do my best.

So, I am seeking some thoughts on this.

HW:280, Lap Band 2005-225lbs-LW, Revision to RNY 06/05/12 -245lbs

garnetgal
on 6/16/12 12:19 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
At 11 days out you won't get much protein in. You need to try and stay hydrated though. Popsicles, s/f jello, Crystal Lite, watered down juice. I understand the water totally. It makes me nauseaus and I cannot drink it by itself. Doesn't matter if it's ice cold or room temperature or anywhere in between, it upsets my pouch and makes me miserable for the whole day!

oesnana
on 6/16/12 12:30 pm
Hi Amber,
I am sorry you are not feeling well.  Shaking is usually due to low blood sugar. Since you are not taking much protein or any calories at all it is probably due to that. Can you sip a protein drink throughout the day? How about broth, warm broth? Even sugar free hot chocolate? Is there anything else that you will drink? Sugar free popsicles? There is a protein supplement out there called Prostat 64, Sugar Free with Fiber...... it has 15 grams of protein in one ounce (72 calories). It is tangerine flavor and pretty good. That might be worth a try as it is a small amount and you might tolerate that better. Perharps it is better you stay away from the vitamins for a few days until you feel better. BP may be low as you are not drinking enough. Try to drink, that will make you feel better in the long run. I hope you feel better soon.
I am having my surgery on Monday.....clear liquids tomorrow ...I am not looking forward to staying in the hospital and the recovery, however I am looking forward to losing weight and a new me.
N
Kat Kat
on 6/16/12 10:01 pm - AZ

I'm pretty sure Prostat 64 is Hydrolyzed Kosher Collagen Protein which isn't the right kind of protein for a WLS patient.

soozieq
on 6/16/12 1:11 pm
I was going to suggest drinking protein shakes or broth to get that protein in. 
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
poet_kelly
on 6/16/12 1:28 pm - OH
Yep, probably low blood sugar.  If you get some protein in, you will probably feel better.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Price S.
on 6/16/12 9:28 pm - Mills River, NC
I went through a time when my internal thermometer was just broken.  I had cold sweats, shakes, hot flashes one right after the other.  It's probably BP changes.

Find a protein liquid (or powder made into a liquid) you can drink.  You need to stay hydrated and you need the protein.  If you don't like it, take it like medicine.  You need it.

Don't worry about the vits quite yet.  But when you have something in your tummy, the vits are likely to sit better.

There are lots of liquids other than water.  Try various temps and various types.  Most you can add somekind, flavored or unflavored protein to.  You must stay hydrated or you will end up back in the ER.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics