Protein shakes

FinallyTime
on 6/24/12 2:15 am - WI
 Hi, I don't know what brand of protein I should get... has anyone ordered from this Unjury that is constantly being advertised?  Is it legit ??  I was thinking of getting the trial pack.  any suggestions how i "sample" protein stuff without buying the whole container?
poet_kelly
on 6/24/12 2:17 am - OH
I'm not sure what you mean by "legit."  If you mean is it a real company and will they send you the product you order, yes.

You can order samples of protein shakes at vitalady.com, unjury.com, chikenutrition.com and celebratevitamins.com.  I would try a bunch to see what you like.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

FinallyTime
on 6/24/12 3:09 am - WI
 Do all protein shakes have whey in them?  My son was using whey when he was on the football team and I couldn't stand the smell of it.
poet_kelly
on 6/24/12 4:24 am - OH
No, but most do.  You can also get shakes made with soy isolate, egg white protein powder, or calcium caseinate (which is made from milk, like whey is).  If the smell bothers you, it might help to drink them from a cup with a lid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

wendydettmer
on 6/24/12 2:29 am - Rochester, NY
unjury is a whey protein isolate and isn't bad - but i cannot stand the taste. it foams up a ton when i blend it and i never got past that

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

SoCaPinkLady
on 6/24/12 3:54 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I just ordered and received a few of their samples.
I haven't tried them yet. My sister in law strongl yrecommends
Unjury and suggested the chicken soup so I got a few of those as well.

Lori                               

goldie1472
on 6/24/12 4:30 am
I found "Pure Protein" at Wal-mart. They have it in vanilla and chocolate and they are both pretty good. They are low in carbs and sugars
ginnyboone
on 6/24/12 5:51 am - PA
 I like the Nectar drinks from The Bariatric Pantry. They have a sample pack you can buy to find out wnich flavors you like. Its 10 different flavors for 18 dollars and some odd change.  The lid on the cup deal is sooo true. It changed everything for me.
FinallyTime
on 6/24/12 6:18 am - WI
 Is there a website for The Bariatric Pantry?
ginnyboone
on 6/24/12 7:07 am - PA
Yes  www.mybariatricpantry.com
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views