NO MORE SOUP!!!

JessNicoleRN
on 6/26/12 12:24 pm - FL
RNY on 06/04/12
I am 22 days post op and this is my first forum post. I am struggling!! I know I am truly addicted to food. I am constantly thinking about what I want to eat. The other day I wanted fried chicken skin stuffed in a Hawaiian roll and dipped in backed beans. How horrible is that! I am going to be heart healthy and am not backing down! I just wanted to discuss with people who know what I am going through. I have 5 more days until I can start soft food and I am so excited. I do not think that I will EVER eat soup voluntarily again. I have not once felt full. I am following the diet to a T hoping to prevent any side effects. However, I find myself feeling hungry most of the time and it is taking pure will power not to eat things that are bad. I have had no issues with my surgery and am very satisfied with my weight loss this far. I pray for control over my food addiction once I am "allowed" to eat something other than soup! Encouraging words and prayers are welcomed. Thank you in advance!!

ShebasMom
on 6/26/12 12:31 pm
Revision on 07/05/16
Soup is a "slider" food, so it doesn't keep you satisfied very long. When you advance to soft foods, you will feel less hungry. You're not going to feel full for a while, because the nerves in your stomach were cut and damaged with the surgery. It will take a while for them to heal. That is why you have to measure your food.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

JessNicoleRN
on 6/26/12 12:38 pm - FL
RNY on 06/04/12
Thank You! I have been re-reading my post op diet teaching. That is what I was thinking with the soup.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 133 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics