Burning Pulling Pain

quilterkaren
on 6/26/12 8:18 pm
RNY on 06/12/12
I'm 2 weeks post-op.  I'm having almost as much pain as when I first came home.  It's a burning/pulling pain in the left stomach area; just down from the largest incision.  It happens when I try to stand up, sit down, squat, or twist.   Just staying in one position is fine, but move into a different one and it hurts.  I also can't lie down because getting into position or getting up from bed is the worst of all.  Is this still normal after 2 weeks? 

Michelle V.
on 6/26/12 9:13 pm - Livonia, MI
I would contact your surgeon.

I had similar pain but it was on the right side and lasted a month. I was one miserable puppy.

trishb07
on 6/26/12 9:42 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
I had the same pain but mine was gone at 2 weeks but returned at 2.5 weeks for 2 days. I thought it may have been a gas bubble. Mine got better when I started walking.

Turtle Lynn
on 6/26/12 10:02 pm - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I'm 4 weeks out, and had that burning/pulling pain in my upper right abdominal area and left lower abdominal area.  After the third week, it got better every day and now at 4 weeks out, unless I really stretch or twist, I don't feel it at all.  My pain was from him going through the muscle to remove my lap band and port at the time of my revision.  

In my situation it WAS normal, but you may not have had the same surgery as me, so I would hesitate to say that that was normal for you or anyone else.  Whenever you have pain that doesn't go away, I would say call your surgeon and make them aware of it.   They can let you know if that is "normal" for you or not.   

Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon!!!!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

tulips52
on 6/26/12 10:38 pm
 I had the same pain and was told it was nerve pain and that it would heal. Mine lasted almost a month. It's always best to check with your Dr though for a correct dx. 

MrsLitch
on 6/26/12 11:03 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I was 3 weeks out on Monday and other than 2 days I've had that pain and yes the first two weeks were as bad as when I came home. My doc said it was normal but I called to make sure. If I were you I'd call the office to see what they say. Better safe than sorry.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

quilterkaren
on 6/27/12 12:52 am
RNY on 06/12/12
It sounds like it's probably normal in my case.  There was a great deal of scar tissue from other open adominal surgeries that had to be scraped and worked around.  The surgeon had a rough time doing it laproscopic.  So I perhaps it's caused me pain longer than most because I have a bigger area to heal.  But I will call the office just to be sure all is fine.  Thank you!

Giorod
on 1/10/14 10:23 pm

I am 2 weeks out and have been fine up until yesterday have been having a sharp stabbing pain on my lower left incision when I stand from a sitting position. Dr prescribed a muscle relaxer but not sure it's that. Feeling pretty bummed :(

Most Active
Recent Topics