YAY my insurance will cover revison

AmberF
on 6/29/12 6:47 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
So today I got some good news! My insurance wil cover my revision from band to bypass. I was acutally suppose to have  an appointment this coming monday with the surgeon who did my lapband but got a call yesterday saying they were no longer with blue cross blue shield of ga. I must say Im kind of glad because with my band I feel like my surgeon did the surgery and dropped off the planet. He never really explained anything to me. He never listened to me. There were countless times I would go in for an appointment wait 3 hours and not even be seen. That being said how do I go about finding another surgeon? I really want to get the ball rolling. The insurance lady sent me a list of surgeons in the Atlanta area  but there isnta  catagory for bariatric surgeons. It just says surgery and lists tons of doctors. Also could someone tell me about the recovery process. How long in the hospital? How long before I can go back to school? Thanks for any help
On2BetterThings
on 6/29/12 6:57 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
i was in school when i had my surgery, i was able to go back to class as soon as i got out the hospital.. i just took it easy.. i didnt move much, but then again it didnt hurt much to just sit there and learn.. i was only in the hospital for about 2 nights after the procedure.. i think it all depends on the person and their body.. but you can definitly go back to school following if you dont gotta do alot of moving.. i know i did.. i didnt carry any heavy books and i was fine

good luck hope my info helps!
    RNY 04*03*12

Dave Chambers
on 6/29/12 7:06 am - Mira Loma, CA
Call the insurance "lady" back and ask which surgeons are expereinced with RNY.  This shouldn't be a major task for the "insurance expert" , just part of her daily job.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

JuJu2012
on 6/29/12 10:10 am - Rutledge, GA
RNY on 07/17/12
Google Bariatric Centers of Excellence in Georgia.  My surgeon is with Atlanta Bariatrics but there are plenty of others in the area.
Step by step, inch by inch...
Judy

walterswife
on 6/29/12 10:27 am
I had my surgery at DeKalb Medical and have been so pleased. I got great care from the dr and the hospital.  Some who have had their surgery at Emory John's Creek have also been happy campers.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 197 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 8 views