NEED HELP! NEED TO STOP LOSING!!

Debbie T.
on 7/1/12 10:21 pm

Hi all!

After having a distal gastric bypass in August of 2010 - I CAN' T SEEM TO STOP LOSING WEIGHT!!  This is quite scary as I'm currently nearly 10 lbs underweight and eat ALL THE TIME! 

I even eat lots of fried, fatty foods and tons of meat.  I'm scared to death of sugar - so, I don't even go there (the dumping syndrome things scares me) - does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks so much and have a good day!

Debbie T.

BWB
on 7/1/12 10:30 pm
Your ticker say 170. Is that accurate? How tall are you? How much do you lose a week/month?

Debbie T.
on 7/1/12 10:37 pm
No..I just updated it - My "chart weight" should be 141 and I'm currently at 132. I'm still currently losing 1 to 3 lbs /month - not that much, but, too much at this weight.

Debbie T.

BWB
on 7/1/12 10:51 pm
 Well, I am 170 today, 5'8" and I can certainly stand to lose another 20 lbs.  Not that I think everyone is equal in body type but can sorta compare weight and progress.  

Kaoz789
on 7/1/12 10:34 pm
 10 pounds under wheight? Or under goal? What is your BMI now? Cause if you're at 160pds you can be 5'7 to 6'6 and still be in the "normal" range.

Also, have you gained any muscle mass wheight? And most importantly, have you talked to your surgeon?

Whats your daily calorie and protein intake like?

Debbie T.
on 7/1/12 10:43 pm
10 lbs "underweight" - I'm a very large framed woman - so, at my current weight, my ribs stick out, my "tailbone" sticks out, my chest is completely gone and even my shoulder bones 'stick out" - worse, people are now telling me how "gaunt" I look. - I apparently didn't do the ticker correctly, I'm 5'4" and weigh 131.

I've gained no muscle mass as I don't excerise for fear of losing more weight..and I have a surgeon's appointment in 4 weeks. (the two year check up).

My protein daily is a strong 80 - 125 grams and my daily calorie intake is usuall between 1200 - 1700 calories.

Debbie T.

Kaoz789
on 7/1/12 11:42 pm
 Have you reintroduced healthy carbs back into your diet yet? When my dad had is RNY, his doc told him to add two grains servings when he reached goal. Also he maintains at around 2300 calories.

I bruise myself with my own bones too, so I do know how uncomfortable that is. Urgh.  Didn't your excersize consultant have you doing strength building while you were loosing? It's good wheight gain, even if it does seem to slow the scale numbers down.

With any luck your surgeon should be able to make some recs to you when you see him/er.

Laura in Texas
on 7/1/12 10:36 pm
If your profile is correct, your BMI is 22. That's not too thin. Eat every 2-3 hours. Add more good carbs to your diet from fruits and veggies. Don't add junk because most likely your body will be out of the honeymoon phase soon and you do not want to start bad habits that will cause you to gain. I'd say that 90% of the people who complain here about losing too much do figure out a way to stop it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

poet_kelly
on 7/1/12 10:42 pm - OH
Does your doctor say you're underweight?  Your BMI is under 20?  I'm asking because I think sometimes when we are used to being overweight, we think we are underweight when we aren't exactly.  If so, what does your surgeon recommend?  Your registered dietician?

I would suggest not eating fried, fatty foods because you don't want to gain weight (or stop losing) but also develop high cholesterol and other health problems.  I would add lean protein, healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, nut butters, cold water fish, maybe whole milk and whole milk cheese) and whole grains.  But again, work with your doctor and dietican to increase your calories in a healthy way.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Debbie T.
on 7/1/12 10:50 pm
Thanks for the "healthy info" Kelly - My BMI is 22 - but, the "scale weight" is 10 lbs below where I should be for my frame - and it's quite noticable.

Debbie T.

Most Active
Recent Topics