Surgery completed on Monday!!!!

crystalomac
on 6/30/12 3:41 am - Cincinnati, OH
I had surgery on 6/25, boy I was in so much pain the day of and the day after!!!  I came home on Wednesday and I'm feeling a little better each day.  Without having nerves, getting to know my pouch has been fun!  .... Any advice to a newbie is welcomed!!!  Thanks everyone!!!

JJ_
on 6/30/12 4:04 am
Welcome to the bench and back home.

Your most important mission is to sip fluids, keep walking (various periods but don`t overdo it) and tooting.

Follow the reintroduction of food to your diet plan that your surgeon has given you. 

If you need them, take the pain meds.  No need for being a martyr.

Take a nap if you want to.  You just had major surgery!!

Enjoy life.

Judy
Cmtus
on 6/30/12 4:19 am - KY
RNY on 06/25/12
I also had surgery on Monday....I also stayed in the hospital until Wednesday!  It is a totally different way of life...that is for sure.  I am right now trying to eat pimento cheese and not having an easy time.  Just no appetite.  Very weird for me!  It will be interesting!  Good luck in your journey!  We should stay in touch! 

Pre-surgery weight (at beginning of 6 month diet) 271, Pre- Surgery weight 259, Current weight 247. 

MrsLitch
on 6/30/12 4:50 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
it's been said over and over but walk walk walk and drink drink drink. I know most say sip but I am able to drink the same way I did prior to surgery except I can't guzzle in fact I never was a guzzler anyway so it doesn't bother me.

For me I felt better each day. Some issues remained pain wise and just as my surgeon told me they went away with time. (I'll be 4 weeks on Monday so you are just behind me)

If you get a feeling of hunger or fullness which some don't for a few months remember it's not the same hunger and full prior to surgery. My eyes are always bigger than my pouch when I'm cooking and it looks like so little compared to before.

Make sure you get your vitamins and liquids in and as close to your protein goal as possible.

If you have any questions come here many will have a lot of good answers for you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

marijay
on 6/30/12 8:32 am
RNY on 06/25/12
 I also had surgery on 6/25.  On 6/26 when I got out of bed for the first time, I was in serious pain and having seriuos doubts but the deed was done.  I came home Wed. Each day is a little better.
Stacy C.
on 7/1/12 1:50 am - FL
RNY on 01/17/12
Follow your doctors instructions. Rest, drink, walk & don't be afraid to call your doctor with any problems. Congratulations on your surgery 
Stacy

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics