New things that once were old...maybe an NSV, maybe not....

lesserman
on 7/1/12 3:16 am - Chicago, IL
Yesterday at the Parrothead family reunion on the island of Margaritaville (in Tinley Park, IL), I ate a single bratwurst (no bun, no condiments) and it went down most easily (a little over an hour later, I had a single foaming episode...maybe it was just a little too much for my pouch?...but that was it and I felt fine afterwared)...my buddy split his beer with me and I nursed approx 3 oz. of beer over approx one and one-half hours...no buzz, no nothing...

I've read of others suddenly being able to eat relatively more than the 1 or 2 oz. of whatever...I'm wondering if I've reached that point early. The fact that I've been significantly ahead of the curve (as per my NUT, NP and surgeon) is the reason for my query...
Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

tulips52
on 7/1/12 4:31 am, edited 7/1/12 4:32 am
Surprisingly, a brat sits very well with my pouch. At almost 9mths out, I can eat a whole one.

My husband is from Tinley Park!!

OKCatLady
on 7/1/12 10:59 am
RNY on 04/10/12
my hubby and kids have discovered that as long as there are some nice juicy brats at our cookouts, mom having surgery isn't restrictive on them!! They love to make steaks and chicken (which is pretty hit-and-miss on the grill for my pouch) and my hubby likes to marinate the brats. I can eat about a quarter brat right now with no bun and usually some spicy mustard. YUM!! I also make quinoa tabouleh and the kids nearly eat it all up before I even get some!! I want to try an ounce or two of beer sometime (which is about all I drank pre-op too LOL)
Kelly L.
on 7/1/12 2:49 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 I have also nursed a beer with no side effects.. No buzz no nuthin.. I don't do it very often, maybe once a month. I have discovered chicken sausage.. There's spinach and cheese ect. They are very moist and tasty :) thank God I have never had the foamies, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy that at all.. Puking makes me sick!

HW 274. CW 129