CRM of mushroom soup, LIFESAVER

Caidkin
on 7/6/12 9:06 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
Had surgery on Monday and it's been a rough week... THe protein shakes and pudding were getting me down... but I had strained cream of mushroom soup tonight and it hit the spot. I sat down with the fam and has my soup while they had their dinner. Just what I needed.  Something warm, that was not sweet.... It was perfect.  I had about 1/4 cup and I feel like I can do this.  Wow the little things!!!!    
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
SoCaPinkLady
on 7/6/12 10:50 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I enjoyed cream soups as well. I got tired of sweet and wanted something tasty.

Lori                               

funkyphillygirl
on 7/7/12 2:13 am
I can totally relate to that....it was one of my FAVORITE things post-op.  And, I totally agree - the warmth and non-sweet taste really hit the spot.

We go to a local bar/restaurant every Tuesday night and I insisted on going the week after my surgery.  I took a protein shake with me and just asked for a cup of ice.  I knew that I couldn't (and didn't want) to order anything, but just wanted to go out. 

I mentioned to our server that I had just had stomach surgery and couldn't eat - and he asked if I could have broth.  Turns out he went to a restaurant NEXT DOOR and had them strain chicken broth into a bowl so that there would be no noodles or chicken.  It was the best broth I'd ever had and I cried when he brought it.

Post-surgery, it's the little things that keep us going...right? 

It gets easier every week.  Trust me - it does!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 232 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics