? on staples

Caidkin
on 7/7/12 7:00 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
I have four incisions with 3 staples in each.  2 of the incisions are the color of my skin.  The other 2 are red and very itchy.  are they infected?  I have my post op appt on monday at 2pm.  can I waIT?
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
justmycatandme
on 7/7/12 8:20 am
RNY on 06/11/12
They might be fine... Do you have any oder coming from them, do you have any fever?  Mine were red and very itchy one week out but they were not infected...  Jus****ch them to see if the redness area gets bigger but I would think you would be fine until your appointment.
Heidi T.
on 7/7/12 3:41 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 Mine got red when they were ready to come out. My suggestion is to take a black pen, trace around the red area, just marking the edges. Wait a few hours check to see if the redness is still within the black line or if it has passed it. If it is still within, check again tommrow and keep checking every 4-6 hrs while awake. As long as the redness doesnt grow far beyond the pen mark then you should be fine, probabbly not a serious infection, if an infection at all.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Jen V.
on 7/8/12 12:56 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12
 Mine are red around the edges and really itchy. My doctor said they look perfect. The itching means they are healing. As long as there is no smell, you are good.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 51 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?