Can you share a favorite protein ice cream recipe?

Nycm
on 7/6/12 11:04 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 My kids bought me an ice-cream machine for mother's day and I have been putting protein shakes in it, but it really was not very good.  Any favorite frozen yogurt, protein ice-cream or sorbet or sherbert recipes?  

I don't do well with the sugar free syrupsget horrible gas from sugar and sugar alcohols. 

Thanks in advance
Christine

poet_kelly
on 7/6/12 11:14 am - OH
My favorite is skim milk, vanilla protein powder, a big spoonful of Maxwell House International French vanilla (sugar free, decaf).  I mix it up good in the blender, then pour in the ice cream maker for about 20 minutes.  Then I add a few sugar free chocolate chips and leave it in the ice cream maker about five more minutes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ladytazz
on 7/6/12 11:17 am
I just made some with milk, some sf chocolate fudge pudding mix, chocolate protein powder, mix in blender and then put in ice cream maker until almost done, through in some sf chocolate chips until mixed.  I thought it came out good right from the ice cream maker, not so good after being frozen for a while.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

TamaraL
on 7/6/12 12:05 pm
go to http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ and search for ice creams.  lots of great ice cream recipes.

i have tried the strawberry cheesecake and like it

Tamara

MBsRNY
on 7/6/12 1:09 pm - Baltimore, MD
I tried two egg face recipes this week...chocolate caramel and lemon meringue pie. Both pretty good, but...too soft just out of ice cream maker for my taste and then they froze too hard after putting 'em in the freezer for a while. Next time, I'm going to try making them into popsicle type things...I think that will work great and serve as portion control.