4 Years Ago......RNY

JB1114
on 7/8/12 6:13 am - Grain Valley, MO
Four years ago today I had surgery and began a life changing event. The only regret I have is not getting to my goal weight. Once I hit the first year post-op, it seems the weight loss stopped and I have maintained. Some may see me as fat, but I don’t care. I’m healthy, getting off all meds except thyroid, and happy with how I look. Would I like to be smaller and at least closer to goal…..yes.    If I would exercise more I’m sure I would lose some of those pounds. I got in a bad habit of snacking but I have curtailed that. My diet is probably too high in carbs although they are good carbs. I find it extremely difficult to keep carbs to 50 a day. I’m usually closer to 100.    I make sure I have a minimum of 80 grams of protein daily. I always take my vitamins. I find I eat more at work than when I’m home and I’m sure some of that is stress. I will be retiring August 31st so a whole new way of life for me. I’ve already enrolled in an exercise program thru my supplemental insurance plan.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

SoCaPinkLady
on 7/8/12 6:30 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Congrats. It's a big deal to get off the Meds and you have plans and goals. WTG!!!

Lori                               

Dot T.
on 7/8/12 7:59 am - Bartlesville, OK
 I wish OH had a LIKE button!  I'm not far behind you, coming up on 4 years post-op, & like you, I never made it to MY goal, but my surgeon sees me as a success story and I see YOU as a success story too!  

This has not been an easy road, but a road I would choose to walk down over and over again in a heartbeat!  Stick with eating the good stuff, maybe pick up on your exercise, and keep on truckin!

I recently picked up weightloss again by starting the couch to 5k app on my iPhone and I love it!

Congrats on your health & your 4 year surgiversary!

Dot
KittenLove
on 7/8/12 11:39 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Happy 4 yrs!

I'm right behind u! And 100 carbs ESP in quality carbs isn't too many at all so don't feel bad. Congrats on your new upcoming retirement!

Be happy. 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 208 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 276 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?