Magic Mike

AmberF
on 7/10/12 9:51 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
So I went to go see Magic Mike this weekend with some friends. It was an ok movie but one part really bothered me. They are at the strip club and one of the male strippers walks up to a chubbier girl and starts dancing with her. He pulls her on stage and like lifts her up and dances with her. Well after he sets her down and starts walking off stage he starts holding his lower back like he hurt it from lifting her. Why even put that part in the movie? The theater I was in had a few bigger girls in it and I know when I seen that part I just felt kind of embarrased exspecially becasue I was there with all my girlfriends and none of them are over weight. I just dont understand things like that. To me it wasnt funny at all it just seemed mean. Even when I watch tv and there is a bigger girl and she is suppose to be playing a sexy role I almost cant even watch because I feel embarrassed by it because in our society big girls cant be sexy. I mean dont get me wrong I am super excited to get my surgery and look better but most of all I am excited to be healthy and start living my life. I just think its sad the way overweight people are made to feel in our society.....
ConnieFaull
on 7/10/12 11:17 am - MI
I didn't like that part of the movie either.  Actually, it looked to me like his back actually went out while holding her up and he had to walk off stage due to his back injury! 

I didn't find it funny either and it made me uncomfortable as well. :)
Day_dream_believer
on 7/10/12 2:31 pm
I agree.  That bothered me as well.  To be honest the movie had some good eye candy, but it wasn't that good.

MzKeepinOn
on 7/10/12 2:35 pm
I agree too. What a waste of film.
Diabolique
on 7/11/12 10:37 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12
I saw Magic Mike also and remember the scene that you are talking about.  The woman that he hurt his back with wasn't even that big.  What upset me about the scene was the look on her face as he just left her on the stage.
That film could have been better used showing us more of why Big Dick Ritchie was big.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 3 views
Recent Topics