Did anyone else have this crazy worry??

Angelena1978
on 7/12/12 1:34 pm - TN
RNY on 07/24/12
I know it's totally irrational, but I am convinced that I will be the first person in history to have this surgery and not lose weight.  I know it's crazy, but I can't help it!! 

Angela

Angela 

fatfreemama
on 7/12/12 3:11 pm - San Jose, CA
Yes, a lot of us have been there. It's probably because we've failed at every other "diet" we've tried that we don't believe we can ever succeed. But just follow your surgeon's rules and you'll be fine. I feel like my whole metabolism has been reset and while I still have to deal with the head issues, I'm so much more in control. you can and will do this!
Leanne43
on 7/12/12 3:31 pm - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
oh you will lose weight, you wait and see your old stomach will be gone and you won't be able to get much into this pouch and if you try to eat too much you will be sick. i wasn't sure either before i had my surgery if you could fail at losing a pound but my other dr said  you will definitely lose weight and now i know why lol. my appetite has gone from big  to pretty much nil mind you i 'm still healing it may change over the next year.

Dee.spunk
on 7/12/12 11:51 pm - Sacramento, CA
Yes, I had the same thoughts. What if it doesn't work for me?! I also worried that the doctor didn't really do the surgery. That she just made the incisions, but nothing was actually done inside. Irrational, I know, but for some reason those were the thoughts crossing my mind. Its just unbelievable to think it will actually wor****il it does!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

poet_kelly
on 7/13/12 12:44 am - OH
I'm sure you are very special and unique... but I doubt you are that special and unique!  Surgery will work for you just like it works for everyone else.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 7/13/12 4:52 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 I have to laugh. That's exactly what I believe deep down.
These @#$&*%* stalls don't help. 
If my weird body decides not to lose any more weight, I guess I'll stay fat and just try to get healthier, stronger, and more fit.

kissiejoe
on 7/13/12 7:40 am - Mount Washington, KY
I know how you feel.  I am worried about the same thing and then some.  LOL  I am stressing out over stalling since everything I have read says you start to slow on the weight loss around 18 months.  I have sooo much weight to lose and I am so afraid that I won't lose enough weight.  Like you, I know it sounds irrational but you just can't help but to have those thoughts sometimes.  But best of luck to you :)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 260 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 106 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?