Greek yogurt in scrambled eggs

seashell6417
on 7/15/12 1:46 am - Gaylord, MN
How did I not think of this sooner.  This morning I made a scrambled egg and mixed some Greek yogurt in before I dumped the egg in the pan.  It was a great way to add a little extra protein while adding yummy, creamy goodness!
Tami

Lady Lithia
on 7/15/12 2:16 am
I have to say, the subject line sounded EWWWW

But I add milk to my eggs (almond milk) and that's yummy

And I've added it to my quiches

I love me some greek yoghurt.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

seashell6417
on 7/15/12 2:20 am - Gaylord, MN

I initially thought the same thing but figured I also add milk so why not replace the milk w/ the yogurt.  I also added hot sauce, onion, turkey sausage and about 1/2 oz pepper jack.  It was delish!  Looks like you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

Tami

grmadeb01
on 7/15/12 2:42 am - FL
i had made some chicken quesadeas using some high fiber, high protein wraps, i only had half of one, but i dumped some salsa and greeek yogurt on my ploate and dunked my triangle in it, it was oh so awesome.....i also added some greek yogurt to my chicken mixture along with some corn and black beans, onions etc in the chicken mix....and of course lots of cheese....
surprising new uses for greek yogurt
debby
seashell6417
on 7/15/12 2:46 am - Gaylord, MN

Over the years I have used Greek yogurt in many, many different ways but, for some reason, scrambled eggs was not one of them.  It is a great substitute for sour cream in many dishes, makes a yummy dip, is delish w/ pumpkin and cheesecake pudding mix, and is amazing as a breakfast when doctored up. 

Tami

Amy D.
on 7/15/12 3:13 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
I have cooked it with the eggs before, but I prefer to just put some on top of the eggs after I cook them. I do add salsa to the eggs while they're cooking, though. I love greek yogurt on pretty much everything I eat.

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
seattledeb
on 7/15/12 7:24 am
 I also add it to leftovers that I'm warming up in a pan to readd moisture. Greek yogurt is the bomb.
I take medicine twice a day and can't have any dairy for 2 hours after. I always crave greek yogurt right after I take the pills!

Sandy S.
on 7/15/12 11:00 pm - MD
RNY on 05/07/12
Sounds yummy!!!!