N...S...V!!

lesserman
on 7/13/12 9:09 pm - Chicago, IL
So, lately I've been noticing that my trousers (and my shirts, for that matter) are becoming more and more roomy...to the point where I am having to severely cinch them with a military-style belt. I am swimming in many of my shirts...and with a bit of a financial windfall, I decided, yesterday, to get a couple pair of replacement trousers to wear while the others are being altered as it means that it will be several weeks before I get them back...

I've not had my waist measured in years (just couldn't take it) but had to in order to save time...46 inches (down from a high of 52)...(now, just in the interest of full disclosure, many of my trousers had been a little loose since my initial weight loss of 20 lbs or so a couple years back...but not so much)...

When I actually put on a pair that was a 46-inch waist, even those were a little roomy...I probably could have fit into a 44-inch waist pair (it's likely the fit would have been perfect or perhaps the waist would need to have been let out a little) but I left well enough alone...the other pair was colour not available in 46 but it was in 48 so on that one the waist needed to be taken in...SWEET!!

They'll be ready in a week...for those who are familiar with the prices of men's tailored clothing, the garments were $65/ea, alterations were $30 (both pair) averaging a total of $80 per pair...even at Jos. A Bank or Men's Wearhouse will you find quality garments for less than $95-$105 before alterations...

These are quality garments (in another life, I sold men's tailored clothing in college and then went on to be a buyer and then merchandise manager of men's tailored clothing for a large department store chain, so I know quality when I see it) but the place I bought them is great....it's this generic, non-descript warehouse in suburban Chicago and when you walk inside, it's this generic, non-descript warehouse...this place has very little overhead...but I digress...

Already looking forward to the time when these require the waist to be taken in...may not be for a while, but that's OK.

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Don 1962
on 7/13/12 9:19 pm
Very good!  Really a head rush to go down into the 30's!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

lesserman
on 7/13/12 11:08 pm - Chicago, IL
I bet!!

That may or may not happen...we'll see!!

For now, enjoying this....

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Deb331
on 7/13/12 9:38 pm - GA
RNY on 05/14/12
That's awesome! Congratulations.

alwaysloyal
on 7/13/12 10:34 pm - MI
You are doing great.Sharing your joy!