Female Question...(sorry if tmi!)

Angelena1978
on 7/19/12 3:00 pm - TN
RNY on 07/24/12
What do they do if you are on your period during surgery?  My surgery is Tuesday and I know it won't be over by then...something else for me to stress about!! lol

Angela

Angela 

qnmimi
on 7/19/12 3:13 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
The surgery staff won't even pay much attention to it. Unfortunately if you are due, you'll for sure get it!!

BugdocMom
on 7/19/12 3:26 pm - CA
I've heard about a lot of women who were blessed by Aunt Flo on their surgeryday. The medical folks have seen everything, so no worries there, they won't even blink an eye. But I believe you have to wear a pad insted of a tampon. You may want to check into that.
poet_kelly
on 7/19/12 4:23 pm - OH
Just tell the nurse when you are checking in.  They will give you a pair of stretchy disposable panties and a big pad.  It's no big deal to the staff.  If body fluids bother them, they are in the wrong line of work!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Angelena1978
on 7/19/12 4:33 pm - TN
RNY on 07/24/12
Very true Kelly!!! lol  Thanks for the feedback everyone...it just figures it would come on now...lol.

Angela 

sarahmathis1681
on 7/19/12 5:22 pm
RNY on 02/13/12
 i started AF the day of surgery they didnt make a big deal about it totally normal the nurse told me she would put a pad down there and when i woke up i had a pad and panties on so go figure it will be ok dont worry

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

brandymc24
on 7/19/12 11:03 pm - CA
RNY on 06/07/12
 I started 4-5 days prior and told the nurse I was still on and they gave me disposable panties and pads. I also brought my own just in case, theres are very large lol. After being home for 2 days I started a full week cycle again. When I was 1 month post op started for another normal 7 days stopped then 2 days later I started again for another week. I hope this doesnt last.

Sarah R.
on 7/20/12 3:36 am
I had my period when I went in, they give you some mesh undies and a huge freaking pad. No big deal.

a_better_life81
on 7/20/12 3:37 am - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12
 This post is iriony to me. My surgery is on Tuesday and I started this morning. I was sitting here wondering if I should pack my own stuff or if they were going to do something differnt once I got there. 

I'm going to let them know, I am sure they have a solution, but I was more wondering what I was supposed to do during surgery if I have to be naked lol... the things we think about.

UnbreakableMe
on 7/20/12 12:54 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
I started the night before surgery.  It wasn't even time for it, but lo and behold it came.  The nurses didn't seem to mind.  My only issue came with all the heprin the were sticking me with.  Because of the blood thinner and my aunt flo, they removed my cath the same night I had surgery, and d/c'd my blood thinner the next day.  It was a hot mess!  But again, they didn't mind at all.  I'm sure they've seen it a Million and one times.  Our Dr's send all the WLS patients home with 30 days of the lowest dose of coumadin.  I just couldn't start mine for a couple of days.. It sooned passed, and here I am am almost 7 weeks later.  Good luck to you!!!  It's ALL worth it!

"For I know the Plans I have for you" ...Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 109 views