Protein Snacks

Capt_Kirk
on 7/20/12 8:28 am - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 What is the hive-mind thoughts on these?  I've got PROTI Soy Nuts, PROTI White Cheddar and these Double Bite Cheddar Cheeses.  About 10-15grams of protein in each one, but like 110-150 calories each.

I like the ease, taste, and snackyness of it.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/20/12 9:00 am
Hmm, not a fan but that's me. You can get regular soy nuts in bulk many places, among them TOP Foods, the dreaded Winco, and probably Fred Meyer too.

The reason I'm not a fan is twofold: one, I spent way too long eating too much processed foods and I need to eat closer to the cow, or fish, or vegetable, etc,  and two, those are expensive, especially at the doc's office.

From your posts you travel quite a bit, yes? So for you these are probably a godsend. I  like Quest bars, which I find fairly portable with no icky coating to melt all over.

When you say snackyness (funny, cause I call my morning and afternoon eating 'snacky") are you wanting the crunchiness of things we used to get from carbs like pretzels and chips?
Tessie W.
on 7/20/12 9:22 am
I like Kay's products.  I also get the Snackwell bars.  They fill my niche for the snackies!!!!

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 7/20/12 9:26 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 I aim to stay away from man-made foods, but I love the Proti products. When I get a snack attack, I eat 'em.

I also got my hands on seaweed snack wafers at Trader Joe's. Absoflippinlutely delicious. Salty, yes, but almost 0 calories and there's plenty of hand-to-mouth action.  No protein, tho.

I also discovered Genisoy thingies. They're like mini rice cakes, but soy, and 18 of them have about 8 or 10 g protein and around 120 calories. 18 is a lot!

I also am a fan of the snackyness.

Dave Chambers
on 7/20/12 10:22 am - Mira Loma, CA
Generic soy nuts (15g per 2 oz), generic dried edamame (14g per 2 oz), generic dried peas (6g per 2 oz). Less expensive, fiber, keeps well without refrigeration, easy to carry with you, etc. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

littlemissmaggie
on 7/20/12 12:12 pm
Atkins bars are my best friends.  Some have more protien than other atkins bars.

Great for my hypoglycemia.  Low actual carbs.

Also for my resolution to snack attacks

I eat salad with my fingers and put dressing on the side.

dip the salad or veggie lightly in the dressing and walla, i am eating chips n dips. . .or at least my mind thinks so. . .i do it everywhere. . .even out. . .i am like. . .yes, I am losing weight. . .dont care what others think. . . it works for me

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/20/12 12:19 pm - OH
I personally don't generally care for processed, packaged snacks like that, although every couple of months I do buy a couple of small packages of Just The Cheese snacks.  I tend to stick to nuts (almonds or cashews, because I don't like peanuts), veggies with cheese, or microwaved turkey pepperoni if I want something crunchy.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/12 12:28 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Dr. M's office has some new Proti chocolate wafer cookies that are pretty good. For salty stuff, I'm partial to these sesame snacks called Somersaults. They have them in a larger bag at Fred Meyers but I like the individual serving sized ones that I can get online at The Vitamin Shoppe. The quest bars are really good for taking care of the sweet tooth stuff and have tons of protein in them.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 244 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views