My Thoughts on Pre-OP & Post-Op Pics

Elizabeth G.
on 8/1/12 1:07 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Good Morning,

Give this a thought when you take your pre-op and post-op pics. 

- Light colored, close fitting clothes give the picture viewer a better sense of how and where your body has transformed with weightloss.

Yeah, I don't really want to post pics of myself in an all-white spandex outfit BUT it would show all of my pre-op wiggly-jigglies and post-op changes, despite how loathesome the pics might be. I do love, love, LOVE everyones before and after pics. Completely inspiring!  Thank you!

And no, I don't have an all-white spandex outfit but if you know where I can buy one, well... no. Scratch that thought. I don't really want to know. :-)

Liz
GraceGirl
on 8/1/12 1:54 am
I didnt do that... I took my before pic in an outfit I wore ALL THE TIME. I figured that would give me a good idea of how I looked to everyone.
good idea tho!

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

DangerGirl
on 8/1/12 2:01 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

I've also heard it's a good idea to keep ONE "before" outfit even just for you to be able to see the difference.

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/1/12 5:23 am
It is amazing how quickly or easily one can forget just how big he/she was.

I have two pairs of pants that I kept. Every time I put them on I shock myself! 

MyLady Heidi
on 8/1/12 5:49 am
I would never waste money on clothes pre-op, especially to just take a picture for posterity.  I post my side by sides, mainly in a bikini, because I can wear one and I can't post it anywhere else on earth that wouldn't make me feel like I was bragging.  No one else gets what its like to lose half your body weight besides people who have, everyone else I know struggling to lose 10-20-30-40-50lbs I won't even show my pics too now.

brenlee1965
on 8/1/12 11:29 am - New Berlin, NY
I think I will post a pre-op pic of me wearing something that I wore alot and that people who know me has seen me in numerous times (yes, I am a clothes hound; so I could take a ton of different pics in different clothes they have seen me in,,,lol). I will most likely be even worse, once I start losing weight. I am a GREAT shopper and friends are giving me their clothes as they lose (they did Lap and RNY)so I am very lucky!! I think an after pic should be something that you can "see" so many are big & you can't really see the changes. But time will tell for my pics. Love the Before and after pics also....they are truely inspirational.
 Bren                
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 248 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 158 views