Pain after weight loss question

Kaoz789
on 8/3/12 12:46 am, edited 8/3/12 12:54 am
Hi guys!

I had a quick question. I'm noticing more and more that I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable the more pain I lose. I'm still 40 pounds or so from goal so I'm not underweight.

My ankles hurt if I rest the against my leg (my normal sleeping position).
My leg hurts if I have to cross it over my knee, and the two bones at the bottom of my pelvis hurt when I have to sit down. Yesterday, I felt my hip bones for the first time (and other than pain from touching them) I was shocked at where they are on my body. Weird, I know.

Im pretty sure it's just normal pressure pain from where the bone joints (lacking their protective layer of fat) are pressing against the opposite chair face or body part.

Did anyone else experience this? Do I have to develop new callouses or something? Any ideas? I work 13 hour shifts, so sitting can be awful (no I can't get up or walk away from the monitors more than 3-4 times a night) no matter how many pillows I put on my chair.

Do you think this is something abnormal or just something to grow accustomed to?

Thanks all!
Tamie
madeformore
on 8/3/12 12:50 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12
If the pain seems unusual, I would ask your doctor.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Kaoz789
on 8/3/12 12:52 am
chatterpam
on 8/3/12 1:39 am - PA
My tailbone really hurts now and my butt when I sit. My doctor says that my body will most likely adjust and that hopefully the less-protected tailbone will draw up and out of the way. I noticed the achiness but it has diminished over time.

Are you gettin enough calcium? I wasn't and I have been for the past few months, which is when the achiness seemed to start dissipating. I don't know if there is any connection though.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/3/12 2:19 am
For tailbone pain - donut pillow - best one made from foam.
I us ea pillow btween my legs when I sleep. other wise teh bone on bone - knee - hurts.
Or invest in body pillow. Mine was taken by my cat - she thinks I keep it at my side for her to cuddle close to me, at my level, when we sleep.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

graceinpas
on 8/3/12 5:58 pm
 yes I have experienced this in my hips and knees especially when sleeping.  I think its the loss of the fat pad that used to be there!!!  I'll take the pain ;)  I use pillows now to cushion my knees.

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
Most Active
Recent Topics