Anger does not describe how I feel today!

wvugal89
on 8/7/12 8:33 am - MD
 Sunday, I either dislocated my knee or tore a ligament or tendon while out with my nephew. I went to the ER at Seacoast in Myrtle Beach, SC. I explained that I could not have NSAIDS. Well seven hours later when I finally saw the doctor, he asked why I couldn't take NSAIDS and I told him I had Gastric Bypass surgery, he then asked my why I would do that. He then decided that I just wanted drugs sent a nurse in to give me antipsychotic meds and sent me home with an order to take NSAIDS! I had asked for Tramadol not a narcotic! 

Well of I went to a second ER and in less than an hour I had a referral to an orthapedic surgeon and a prescription for Tramadol along with crutches and a knee imobolizer. 

I am beyond angry at my treatment and the questions. 

Just venting!

Teri-Lynn
POI

OH2012
on 8/7/12 8:41 am - OH
Definitely inappropriate. He took advantage of his position to cast judgement. Shame on him.

I hope that you're better soon.
kathyshrinks
on 8/7/12 8:43 am, edited 8/7/12 8:44 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
Like my Dad always said, 50% of doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class.  You're bound to run unto some of them.  Glad you kept at it until you got the care you needed!

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/12 8:47 am
I would be too! 

I'd file a complaint if I were you. You can usually write to the hospital admin but their website would have info, as would the state medical association.
Sonogrrl
on 8/7/12 8:51 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I agree with firemuse...I would totally complain!
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/7/12 8:51 am
What a creep. Glad you found another doc who actually treated you instead of making judgments. Report Dr. Dumbo and keep us posted on your knee.
alwaysloyal
on 8/7/12 9:03 am - MI
Please report that jackass,he could cause harm to someone.Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Hollie313
on 8/7/12 9:11 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
Yes, do the rest of the population a favor and report him to the higher ups.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

TravelinRN
on 8/7/12 9:15 am
 As a nurse that behavior is totally unacceptable.  I certainly hope that you registered a complaint.  

GraceGirl
on 8/7/12 11:07 am
wow what a crappy way to treat someone. REPORT IT

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."