pre-op testing

Laurie A.
on 8/8/12 3:06 am
RNY on 08/21/12
Pre op testing is now complete!! I saw the physician who will be following during the hospitalization, very nice man. Explained a lot of stuff. Told me that I already have female pattern hair thinning, so start the rogaine now (men's version) along with the biotin so the WLS related hair loss won't be as severe. Hopefully this helps. All testing went well, at least as good as it can be with expected variances in labs and having asthma. He expects a good outcome, however said I am high risk for hypoxia and nausea and vomiting post op. I have asthma and sleep apnea and have had problems with post op nausea and vomiting before. He already gave me a script for scopalamne patches (I don't think they really work, but will try anything) and said he will make sure there are good meds ordered for post op as well.

Currently on day 3 of liquid diet, hasn't been too bad. I'm allowed to have a 2 cups of select raw veggies to satisfy the psycological "need to chew" and fill up on tons of Powerard Zero and water.  Liking the weight loss so far, hopefully this continues. I did have a hard time getting groceries, but my husband said he would do that from now on so I won't be tempted so bad.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!!
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
alwaysloyal
on 8/8/12 12:13 pm - MI
Hi.I looked back at some of your previous posts to see your surgery date.13 more days.Stay positive,I know you are scared so was I,the same thoughts of leaving my 10 year old daughter and family.This surgery is a blessing.When you go to the grocery store think of all the reasons you are now making healthy choices to go with your new life.You will be in my thoughts and prayers.