not being recognizedby people

twellington1
on 8/8/12 4:04 am - NH
At my job I have annual meetings for clients.  Family members and guardians will sometimes only have face to face contact with me at these meetings.  So yesterday I had to attend one of these meetings and we were getting started when the guardian turned to me and said "is Tina coming?" I started to laugh and had to explain that I was Tina.  She was shocked and said that I do not look anything like my old self and was sitting here wondering who I was for the last five minutes.  It was too funny!!

courtwillbehealthy
on 8/8/12 4:13 am - burlington, VT
 thats silly i hope people still know who i am :P 
Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/8/12 4:17 am
 I have a bunch of coworkers who telecommute and come in once in awhile for meetings. At a recent meeting, my coworker came over and sat down beside me. I thought she sat there to chat specifically with me, but then she turned to me, stuck out her hand, and started to introduce herself. She didn't recognize me until I said her name. We chuckled about that all thru the meeting.
wmamey
on 8/8/12 4:48 am
RNY on 06/18/12
I was out for my daily walk yeasterday and saw my daughter driving down the street toward me. I started waving at her so she would see me. She gave me a very confused look as she drove by me. She actually turned around and caught up with me to apologize because she didn't recognize me until after she passed me! My own daughter didn't recognize me, even though I see her several times a week!

twellington1
on 8/8/12 4:51 am - NH
my husband walkedm past me in the grocery store a few weeks ago and I had to holler for him....too funny but I guess when you lose half your body weight these things are bound to happen lol

MyLady Heidi
on 8/8/12 5:45 am
No one I worked with 10 years ago and who left know who I am, one guy recognized my voice at a party we attended together when I asked if he knew who I was.  I had the very same thing happen at the bank I used to go to before we had direct deposit, the lady recognized my voice at the drivethru window and had to come investigate if it were really me.  It was funny explaining I had weight loss surgery, changed my hair color etc through a video monitor.  My company president who I worked with for quite a few years left the company and became president of the local hospital, I saw him at lunch one day and he looked right through me.  Same thing happened at a buffet line with a lady who used to be our receptionist.  Its really weird, as if all my MO years didn't really exist.  Now back in my hometown people who knew me in high school when I weight about the same as I do now recognize me, and for 20 years while I was MO had no clue who I was.  I am disguised in my own body, I love it.
happy_baker
on 8/8/12 5:48 am
RNY on 02/15/12
Haha! That's sort of awesome. :D I am always fascinated by people whose looks completely change. I don't think mine have, and it would be fun to have a whole new appearance.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
PamelaNJ
on 8/8/12 11:57 am
This happened to me at my hair salon the other day.  Someone I knew for years but had not seen since before surgery was standing in front of me as I was checking in.  I said "Hi Susie." She turned and said hello, but without any recognition on her face. After a minute she turned around again when she realized who I was. She said my I looked so different and my face was so different that she didn't even know it was me!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Working on becoming a healthier me!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/8/12 1:00 pm - OH
I have had half a dozen people not recognize me at all even after they know where they are supposed to know me from.  It is always my voice that gives me away.  I kind of like being able to walk past people in a store if they are someone that I haven't seen in 5 years and don't really care to stop and talk to!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 179 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 311 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?