so mad at myself- weight gain- i know better

TamaraL
on 8/12/12 7:29 am
I am so mad at myself.  I am almost 2 years.  In the last few months i am having to work overtime.  I have not been eating correctly and I have not been exercising.

I am one that has to exercise all the time to lose, even with RNY and i have to keep exercising to keep it off.  I know this but I have just gotten lazy.

I have gained 8 pounds. Seen dietician Friday and we talked about how to get restarted.  I still want my quick fix though.

I will have to work my butt off and probable starve myself to get it off.  I really want to lose 13 pounds to get to goal weight.

Very discouraged with myself. I was hoping being skinny, my metabolism would increase and this would not happen

Tamara

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/12 7:33 am
That sucks but kudos to you for noticing the gain before it got to be a bigger number and deciding right now that you are going to change course! Since weight fluctuates so much it's probably really only a 5 lb gain given water retention etc. You probably know what to do already - increase the protein, decrease the carbs, and make exercise a priority. You worked too hard on yourself to get this surgery to throw it away now even for employment reasons. I bet you can find a way to increase your physical activity even working longer hours. Don't be mad at yourself, be proud that you are holding  yourself accountable right away. You've done great maintaining your loss for 2 years already!
Vella
on 8/12/12 8:17 am
RNY on 08/20/12
Good for you not waiting any longer!  I think your choice to see your dietician to get back on track shows that you are bound and determined to get back where you want to be.  Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
Vella        
Kathleen W.
on 8/12/12 10:00 am - Lancaster, PA
Congradulations on keeping 98% of your weight off. Losing 8 lbs is so doable, you know? Remember what you did in the beginning of your wls journey?  Get your fluids and protein in.  Make sure you weigh and measure what you eat.  Journal your meals.Stay away from white flour and sugar,  If you're going to eat carbs, make sure it's the complex carbs like beans(garbonzo, navy, kidney, etc), sweet potatoes,  a complex bread that has high fiber/protein(mine has 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of dietary fiber).

You can so do this.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 271 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 195 views
What's on your Monday Menu?