Two weeks post op and feeling. . . blech

seabeacon8
on 8/13/12 2:23 pm - Eau Claire, WI
Hi all.  I haven't been on here for AGES (and a 1/2), but now that I am actually post-op, now is when I need the support.  I had my RNY on Monday, July 30th without any complications.  I was released on  Wednesday evening and by Friday evening I was readmitted because of atalectasis (collapsed lung due to anesthesia).  They put me on IV antibiotics that made me so nauseated and gave me diarrhea so badly that they put me on TWO anti-nausea meds . . . and they still didn't help.  Had my staples out and they put me on prilosec and upped me to pureed food to see if that would help with all the nausea.  It did.  Last night I went to get DS a new pair of shoes for school and he, I, and my 3 1/2 year old had to race to the ER because one of my incisions was draining like it was a faucet.  Now I have to keep it covered, watch for anything "icky," keep an eye on any developing fevers, etc.  

I still don't feel like eating much of anything except an egg (NOTHING tastes good!) :(  I'm getting my fluids, but it's been hard to do anything else.  Plus, I have a 7 year old boy and 3 year old boy to care for while my husband works.  I feel so BLECH.  I have very little energy or stamina and I feel like if I move or do anything I am going to start draining like a sieve again.  

Ugh.  I just REALLY needed to vent.  Thanks for reading and helping me out, all.  Any tricks to feeling more like a human being would be most appreciated!!! :D
amysquest
on 8/13/12 2:39 pm - CO
It will get better......months from now you will forget the bad parts....like childbirth. You will be feeling better!!! hang in there.
Dee.spunk
on 8/13/12 3:33 pm - Sacramento, CA
Hugs! I hope you feel better soon! Soon it'll all be a distant memory. Hang in there!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

65rosesmom
on 8/13/12 3:45 pm
I am sorry you are feeling so yucky.  You are ONLY two weeks out, you need to cut yourself a break and relax as much as you can. I hope you see a turn around soon!!!

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

brenlee1965
on 8/14/12 11:31 am - New Berlin, NY
DANG.....Hope you heal quickly. Wishin you a speedy recovery.
 Bren                
Most Active