solid protein add on... Dave, kelly, lora please read my earlier post

sadielee
on 8/16/12 9:12 pm
so sorry to write such a long note.  I haven't been on for 7 mon or so,but I know you three were always so helpful with your replies.  I'm just to eat soft food and drink lots and hang on until my doc gets back, but I'm wondering what then?  It sounds like I have a hernia with my pouch up above my diapragm and it's blowing my mind.  Would love to hear from someone else who has had this problem.
poet_kelly
on 8/16/12 10:17 pm - OH
On August 17, 2012 at 4:12 AM Pacific Time, sadielee wrote:
so sorry to write such a long note.  I haven't been on for 7 mon or so,but I know you three were always so helpful with your replies.  I'm just to eat soft food and drink lots and hang on until my doc gets back, but I'm wondering what then?  It sounds like I have a hernia with my pouch up above my diapragm and it's blowing my mind.  Would love to hear from someone else who has had this problem.
I'm sorry, I don't have any information for you.  When will you be able to see your surgeon?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sadielee
on 8/18/12 7:14 am
She should be back in her office Monday and I guess she will go over all reports then.  I'd guess that Iwon't hear anything untill tuesday.  I think shes in or monday,but for sure I'll be calling her.  I am just wondering how you fix a hiatial hernia when it is severe
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/18/12 7:34 am - OH
From your other post, it doesn't necessarily sound like a hiatal hernia (the pouch being "superior" to the diaphragm isn't necessarily a problem since your pouch normally sits up pretty high... so given minor individual variations, that description is not necessarily an indicator of a hernia).  The narrowing and spasms may be the real issue (and the narrowing can be caused by scar tissue).  Other than that, I don't really know anything.

At any rate, until you can speak to your surgeon's office, just continue to eat the soft foods.  Let us know what you find out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

sadielee
on 8/18/12 11:59 am
ty so much.  I just  know that your heart sits superior to the diaphragm so it gave me a little something to  think about.  the doc. also said following the scope that my esophogus was S shaped and was difficult to navigate.  have a hx of the hiatal hernia bht have never had a problem with it.  did hav e severe GERD with web scarring.  had to have yearly dilatations of a stricture, but this sounds like it is more distal than that. 
thank you so mush for your reply and everyone else's too.  Hopefully I'll fine out something by tuesday and i will keep you up- dated.
Most Active
Recent Topics