Very New

kimikim
on 8/18/12 7:57 am - rockford, IL
 Hi, as the title says, I am very new here, brand spanking new!  There is a lot to abosrd, learn and know when it comes to this gastric bypass.

Seeking successful weight loss, good friends and a true learning experience.
I hope I am able to eventually provide the same to someone.

Kimi.
Trish C.
on 8/18/12 8:09 am - Waynesburg, PA
RNY on 10/11/12
Welcome, Kimi!  

You will find this site to be very useful and filled with tons of information. The people on here are fabulous! :) Add me if you would like. I am due for RNY in October, but have been researching and living with a Rny'r for the past 8 years. It's a great tool and you will succeed if you put the work into it!

Good luck and welcome. :)

HW 365   SW 317

artroxy blue
on 8/18/12 8:25 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Welcome!
LisaBinNC
on 8/18/12 8:35 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 06/28/12
 Welcome!

Lisa

wmamey
on 8/18/12 8:49 am
RNY on 06/18/12
Welcome!

SoCaPinkLady
on 8/18/12 9:24 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Welcome!!!  Don't feed the animals!!!

Lori                               

MsBatt
on 8/18/12 2:20 pm
Please research the DS (duodenal switch) as well. I know youor surgeon doesn't do the DS, but given your BMI, you owe it to yourself to at least consider it. The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats for patients of any size, but especially so for those of us with a BMI greater than 50.

You can learn more about the DS on the DS board here at OH, and at www.dsfacts.com

Good luck on your journey!
kimikim
on 8/20/12 8:01 am - rockford, IL
 Thank you for the advise.  I have researched and what it came down to is what would my insurance cover.  My opyions, did not include the sleeve or the DU.  Leaving me with lap-band (which I thought was too slow) or the RY.  

I am working very hard to make this tool work for me.  Thank you for your comments,  Keep in touch!

Kimi
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 232 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views