Blind Loop/candy cane syndrome surgery

emmykins132000
on 8/23/12 12:29 pm
Has anyone been diagnosed with this or had surgery to correct it?  I am scheduled for surgery on 8/31 and am nervous and don't know what to expect.  Help!

gidget7727
on 8/23/12 1:33 pm - NY
 Hi yes I had this happen to me right after surgery. I was sick for the first five months before they figured out what was wrong with me. They scoped me about 2 1/2 months out and found an ulcer. I didn't get any better and about 2 1/2 months later they did a barium swollow and found the real issue. The surgeon did a revision the next day and I was in the hospital for 5 days.  It was the worst 5 months of my life because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. My surgeon said this is a rare complication and was surprised I went as long as I did. I was able to tolerate some stuff but I kept throwing everything up.  They had to go in and revise how the loop was and make it so that food and liquid wouldn't back up into it anymore.  I am great now and I have no problems eating or drinking anymore.  I'm just glad they figured it out cuz it sucked being sick everyday and not being able to do the things I wanted to do. Good luck with your surgery I am sure you will do great!!!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 232 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics