question

twellington1
on 8/26/12 6:30 am - NH
I know that we are not suppose to drink and eat...however after I workout I am alway hungry.  I make sure that I drink a full bottle of water after I workout.  Would it be okay to eat some yogurt or cottage cheese right after drinking the water?  Should I do something different before the workout?  What do you all suggest?  Thanks

Gail S.
on 8/26/12 7:07 am - New York, NY
It's okay to drink right up until the time you eat. It's after you eat that you must wait or the liquid will push the food right down resulting in you being hungry again. I always wait an hour after I eat to drink anything.

As far as working out, I try to eat a snack an hour before I go to the gym. I find that helps give me energy and I'm not famished after. Then, I drink a ton of water during and after the work out.

Good luck!

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 8/26/12 7:38 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 My doctor says to wait 30 minutes after drinking before eating (and 90 minutes after eating before drinking).  

30 minutes is not THAT long.   I can wait.  

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Dee.spunk
on 8/26/12 8:38 am - Sacramento, CA
I can eat ten minutes after I drink. It after I eat that I have to wait an hour to drink. I sometimes wait longer, cause I feel if I drink, I'll burst!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

wmamey
on 8/26/12 9:54 am
RNY on 06/18/12
I can drink right up to eating and still get at least a 1/4 cup of food in. However, I have to wait at least 45 minutes after eating before I can drink again, sometimes longer.

janelane
on 8/26/12 9:55 am - OK
We where told at our pre-op diet class that we could drink up intill our first bite!
twellington1
on 8/26/12 3:17 pm - NH
Thanks for the replies.  I am going to dig out my stuff from the meetings to make sure I am doing the drinking right.  I do know that if I can drink up until I start eating it sure will make getting all my fluids in a lot easier.  I have been stopping drinking 1/2 before meals.  Thanks again

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 369 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 252 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 173 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?