clothing question

twellington1
on 8/25/12 1:18 pm - NH
I have gone from a size 30-32 to a size 10!!  Very happy about this of course.  I have gotten rid of all my old clothes over the last year and have brand new but now I have a collection of sizes again. This is my question to all of you:  Should I keep the larger sizes with the expection that I will gain some weight back?  Is this just setting myself up for failure?  Should I just have the clothes that fit me in the house?  What do you all think?  I am not a wealthy person so buying new clothes has been a budget buster.....thanks

Ladytazz
on 8/25/12 1:22 pm
As soon as I left a size I donated all those clothes.  I didn't really invest a lot of money in new clothes, especially as I was losing, because I didn't stay in one size very long, so it wasn't a big money loss.  My attitude is God forbid I regain some I can always buy more clothes at thrift stores.
I recently went through this again as I have lost too much weight and I am trying to regain.  Since I have gotten rid of most of my bigger sizes I will probably have to hit the thrift stores again as I gain some weight.  What a shame.  More shopping for new clothes.  I guess I will live with it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

hannan
on 8/25/12 1:22 pm - FL
RNY on 06/06/12
I think it is perfectly normal for every woman to have three sizes of clothing in her closet. I wouldn't keep things that are like drastically big but there is no problem with having a small range of sizes. I wouldn't keep anything more than a 14 if you're currently a 10.

I kept one pair of my fat jeans that hang in my closet as a reminder to just how large I used to be.

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/12 3:04 pm
I donated all my clothes a month and half out of surgery.  I am fortunate to be able to buy as I go, I just don't buy alot.  I don't want to keep anything that reminds me of how much weight I use to be.  Jane
Sara O.
on 8/25/12 8:05 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
If its too big get rid of it. I sell all my old clothes on ebay. I never want to wear big clothes ever again. lol
BWB
on 8/25/12 8:21 pm
I bought a serger sewing machine at a going-out-of-business sale and altered all my knit shirts and pants. It was really easy to do and I love to recycle anyway. The only upscale shop in town has a tremendous sale two times a year and I buy new things then. I would rather have a few really special things rather than lots of cheaper clothes so I do tend to keep my clothes for years.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 246 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 151 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?