Had surgery yesterday/going home today!

ready2be140
on 8/28/12 1:46 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
Had robotic gastric bypass surgery at one in the afternoon and doc feels like I have done so well that he is lettinge go home this afternoon!  Just transitioning off of IV pain medicine to oral-already had to switch from Vicodin to Oxy dTue to the itchiness-and have been u walking and getting in my sips of water-the hardest part is getting out of bed. I did have two tearful bouts last night and this morning when I got extremely nauseus and also had burning paid from IV of potassium but am proud of how I have been able to manage through everything .  I started at 352 and through preop diet got down to 318 and my ultimate goal is 140!!  I look forward to this journey and all the encoragemen and wisdom from the OH family!!
prettyblueyes
on 8/28/12 2:04 pm - AZ
CONGRATS!!!!!!!  You sound so positive!!  That is so great you are going home already!!!

I will be praying for your speedy recovery...

Mine is in the morning....  yaaay
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/12 4:01 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow, PBE!!

ready2be140
on 8/28/12 2:20 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
I am so excited for you PBE-I thought I was going to be really nervous yesterday but it was almost a relief that the day had come-I wish you all the best with your surgery tomorrow-I will check back with you later in the week to see how you are doing and we can then share our war/battle stories .  
BWB
on 8/28/12 2:22 pm
That's great. Take it easy.

Katie C.
on 8/28/12 2:33 pm - chugiak, AK
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!  Welcome to the "club". I hope you have a wonderful journey to 140!!!

Katie
"Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"

CarolinaKelly
on 8/28/12 3:35 pm - NC
RNY on 08/29/12
So happy you are doing well.  Hope you have a speedy recovery!
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/12 4:00 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
So glad that it's going well enough for you to head home! What's really nice right now is that the weather in the PNW is just right for our walks. It feels good to have a little sun but some breeze to go with it. Take it easy and welcome to the other side...ain't it cool?!?!
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 425 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 508 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 490 views