I have decided to follow a malpractice suit

wvugal89
on 8/27/12 6:06 pm - MD
 Thank you all for your reviews and advice when I wrote about my horrendous experience at an emergency room in Myrtle Beach SC. 

Today, I met with the head of the risk management department of Mcleoud Hospital.  We had a very cordial meeting about my experience in the er where I laid out my case about being labeled a drig seeker because I can not take NSAIDS. My treatment was mortifying, humiliating, and I was treated for my dislocated knee, I had to go to a second er to get tramadoyl and a referral to an orthapedic surgeon, As of tonight, the school year has started and I have no idea when I will be able to return though it looks like major surgery is a hige possibility. 

The positive is that risk management believes I have a case and it is being sent to the liability insurance company for further action. Please pray for a good settlement for me as I have no idea when I will be able to go back to work and my leave will be gone in less than a week. Had I not listened to my surgeon I could have seriously injured myself by taking NSAIDS but I knew better. 

No one has the right to question why I had my WLS and no one has the right to not believe that I indeeed had the surgery. Fight for your rights as I am and will continue to do until this case is settled. To be labeled a drug seeker is ridiculous and my anxiety is back beyond control. Yes I have lost my weight, I am within 10 pounds of my goal and I will get there even with the excercise setback but I will follow my plan. 

Wish me luck, because I feel this is not only a cause for me but for all of us who made a life changing decision. 

Teri-Lynn

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/12 6:40 pm
Best of luck!
OH2012
on 8/27/12 6:41 pm - OH
Best wishes for a full recovery!!!
artroxy blue
on 8/27/12 6:42 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Best of luck to you, and I hope you get the necessary medical care soon! 
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/12 8:08 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Best of luck on your case and your recovery!
graceinpas
on 8/27/12 8:21 pm
 I wish you luck I have had the same problems and it is totally humiliating!  I hope you win!!!!

Saying good bye to the fat, uncomfortable life I am living and hello to a thinner, more active second half of life!!!!    
mat0174
on 8/27/12 8:52 pm
Hi, just thought I would offer you a little insight, in order to have a better shot at winning a malpractice suite, you should also file a grievance with the state medical board. There a are statutes of limitations on filing a law suite, I would request all medical records and notes prior to having having your preliminary filing served, it will require a subpoena to get the notes following the service. Just tell the records dept that you need the notes for your ortho, you are not required to be honest on your intentions. Like I said, there are statutes of limitations on filing a suite, these limit the amount of time you have to file, you should take action soon, because it may take a legal team many months to put their case together before filing. You'll want to severely limit who you discuss any details with. And you'll also have to prove that they caused medical harm, so you'll need to start seeing an ortho soon, so that they can put a report together for court. Good luck.