skin removal on medicare and medicaid.

marty69
on 8/27/12 6:28 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12

Does anyone know what skin removal procedures are covered in Missouri under the medicare and medicaid. How much weight had you all lost before you were able to have the panny removed.(because mine is HUGE.) I started at 476 in january and am down to 381 rite now. I am shooting for 300 by my birthday dec 29th. 

Thanks in advance folks  

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

sarahmathis1681
on 8/27/12 6:39 pm
RNY on 02/13/12
 i live in texas and i have medicare/medicaid they told me panny would be covered and possibly my legs cause they cause me rashes i started at 510 and am trying to get to 200 so i will have alot of skin

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

marty69
on 8/27/12 7:40 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Thank you and know that you are in my thoughts. We literally have the fight of our lives on our hands but this is one we will win.

marty

Leslie Stout
on 8/28/12 1:36 am - IA
I live in Iowa and one thing I've found, is that if Medicare covers something, Medicaid will usually follow suit.  What I've read in my research regarding  the panny, is that it is only covered if there is a medical need for it, not just for cosmetic reasons.  Such as, inability to walk because of massive amts of skin, skin breakdown, etc.  Dr. would have to write letter for approval on something of this nature.  Normally, neither Medicare or Medicaid will touch any type of cosmetic surgery.

marty69
on 8/28/12 7:38 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Thank you... Yes my  panny is so long it hang half way down my thighs now. And I am constantly fighting to prevent or heal skin break downs. I am just happy to be losing weight and getting healthy again.But all of this skin is NOT healthy so i was wondering about teh removal. Thanks again

marty

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/12 3:57 pm
 Hi, new member here waiting for my surgery to be scheduled.  When you mention a "panny" are you referring to the loose abdominal skin that hangs down?  I call that an apron and I already have one after having two c-sections years ago.  Just wondered it they were the same things.  I have a skin disorder and am praying my insurance will cover removal of the apron/panny down the road after surgery when my weight has stabilized. 
marty69
on 8/28/12 5:24 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Welcome :) and yes that is what we are talking about. Here is to wishing you well on your journey. :)

marty

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics