follow up appot

Laurie A.
on 8/29/12 1:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
Had my one week post op appointment today, down 13 lbs from surgery! YIPEE!! I can feel it in my saddle bags (decreased :)) and i have a much easier time laying flat and walking fast. My PCP compared it to carrying around a 13 lb turkey all day. Never thought about it like that, but good analogy. Anyway, loving the RNY so far. Get to advance to pureed foods next Tuesday (yeah!!), but did find out I cannot have red meat and pasta for 3 months (boo). Oh well, this is all short term for the long term goal. Hope everyone had a great day!!
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/12 5:21 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
13 pounds, yay! When I left the hospital on the 23rd, I was 18 pounds heavier than when I went in and have been SO bloated! Weighed myself today and it's 3 pounds less than when I went in.  It's more like a cornish game hen than a turkey, but I'll take it!
Laurie A.
on 8/29/12 5:48 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
My PCP said he was looking for 50 lbs a year for a goal, I thought "yeah right!" I want 50  lbs in the first 2 months! lol. Good job to you!!
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
dam328i
on 8/29/12 10:11 pm - IL
RNY on 08/21/12
Okay ladies...what's up?  I had surgery the same day as you both and I haven't lost a pound!  I did loose some of the IV fluid gain I think., 4 lbs but I was @ 261 before surgery.  What gives?  I just started the puree stage today. 

BTW, congrats to you both.  This is going to be great isn't it?!!!

Laurie A.
on 8/30/12 5:07 am
RNY on 08/21/12
Wow! Jealous that you are already on puree!! Maybe they gave you more fluid than you relize??
dam328i
on 8/30/12 7:30 am - IL
RNY on 08/21/12
 You're probably right Laurie. I was in such a daze I can't remember what I weighed. I'm going to do better with my fluids. I'm getting in less than 32oz a day. How much are you drinking?  Are you exercising yet?  I have my follow up appt tomorrow.

Take it easy,
Deb

Laurie A.
on 8/30/12 8:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12
I haven't had a problem with fluids or protein (once I found one I can stomach! lol). I average 64-72 oz liquid and minimally 64 gm protein (all from shakes, anything else is bonus!). For exercise, I walk daily, ranges from 1 4 mile walk (WAY overdid it!) to mainly 20-30 min at a slow pace. The drs have been impressed with how fast I am progressing, so I wonder if I might be pushing myself too much still. I seem to have a ton of energy in the am when I get up, but by midafternoon - I am beat!! I'm in bed by 9:30 and sleeping by 9:35! Good luck tomorrow!
Kellysnewlife
on 8/30/12 10:33 am - LA
RNY on 08/15/12
Great job on the loss.  That is really awesome.  I am so jealous of your docs eating plan though.  I am 2wks out and just went from clear to full liquids.  I have to say that it is sucessful at least.  I am down 20 lbs since surgery.

Have a great day and keep up the good work!
Laurie A.
on 8/30/12 11:12 am
RNY on 08/21/12
Good job on your loss! I think most people are jealous of someone else's eating plan. I start pureed next tuesday, then two weeks later it will move to soft...that's what I'm really looking forward to. However the no red meat for 3 months is going to be hard!!! It will be a good lesson for the future.