Question about gallbladder

Samantha.M
on 9/1/12 12:39 pm - Germany
 Just a quick question. For anyone who had gallbladder issues after surgery, how did it start out? I'm over 10 months out and starting yesterday, I'm having some pains in the tummy area. It's kinda on the left side but not quite. More towards the front I should say. 

Right now it's just a recurring dull ache. Comes on every couple of min and lasts for a couple of seconds. Not sure if it's gallbladder or a possible ulcer.

My surgery clinic is closed until tuesday. Same with my Dr. Of course if it gets unbearable I'll go to the ER. 
Proud army wife and mom of 2 ♥       
Amysbrats04
on 9/1/12 1:43 pm - Melbourne, FL
Gall Bladder pain is typically on the right hand side under the ribcage. It's horrible stabbing pain followed by a consistant ache. I did not have surgery yet, but I did have my gall bladder removed several years ago.. If the pain continues I would contact your surgeon, or follow up with the ER.

Good luck
solise
on 9/1/12 2:24 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Yes, im 3 yrs post op and have been having gallbladder pain for a while. The pain is under the rib cage on the right, sometimes traveling up the back in between the shoulder blades and pain is typically worst after eating.
Samantha.M
on 9/1/12 5:26 pm - Germany
Alright. Well, then I don't think it's gallbladder problems then. I'm suspecting ulcer. I went out and bought some walmart brand zantac, I think it is. I have a prescription for prilosec but with it being a 4 day here on post nothing is open until Tuesday.

So, I'll take these and see if it helps.
Proud army wife and mom of 2 ♥       
nkara
on 9/1/12 6:44 pm
 I finally figured out with my pain on the left side it's from constipation.  
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11.