Knee surgery

wvugal89
on 9/4/12 2:10 am - MD
 I am going to have some sort of knee surgery best case just cleaning out the knee and repairing some tears and other damage. Worse case they are going to break my tibia move it over and reattach it so my knee cap tracks correctly. Of course I'd rather take option 1!

My question is this is my first surgery since my roux n y and I am scared. What should I tell the doctor, anesthesia etc. I know no NSAIDS but what else. Any help would be appreciated. 

POI
Teri-Lynn

Pickett6
on 9/4/12 6:12 am
I had parathyroid surgery six months after my RNY, and all went very well, so don't be too worried about this.  I was, but my bariatric surgeon and the surgeon *****moved the malfunctioning parathyroid talked and discussed options.  If at all possible, I'd recommend you try to get the two surgeons to talk with one another, since being the "go-between" might be difficult and could result in some misinformation. 

I'm sorry you need to go through this, but as long as the second surgeon is aware of your RNY surgery, what it means for your system, and what s/he needs to be aware of, you should have no problems.  Good Luck!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/4/12 6:28 am - OH
There really isn't anything else they need to know as long as they already know you have had RNY.  Your altered digestive system does not affect surgery in any way.  I have had 6 surgeries since my RNY, and even the one time I said something about the NSAIDs, I was assured there would be no reason that any would be something they would use.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.