I made it!

artroxy blue
on 9/8/12 7:17 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I had my sister's baby shower today, and I survived! She had a great time, which was the most important thing. 

I had half of a turkey sandwich from Panera, which is where the food was catered from. The sandwiches didn't have any of their yummy sauces on them because one person had a tomato allergy, and they couldn't guarantee there was no tomato added to any of them. So I had some spicy mustard instead, and it was good. I did bring some food of my own just in case I couldn't eat anything provided, but I didn't need it. 

I've got to say it was hard to not have a cookie or a small piece of cake or fruit after lunch, but I held out. I was afraid to try the fruit in case I dump or it doesn't agree with me. I'm sure it will get better with time--it's just an on-going battle with my head vs. my gut. 
GraceGirl
on 9/8/12 7:20 pm
Good job! Mission accomplished lol

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

65rosesmom
on 9/8/12 7:50 pm
Awesome! I made it through a party yesterday, its hard when you don't really know what you can eat and how its going to make you feel. You did great!

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

bitchblubber
on 9/8/12 7:58 pm - MD
RNY on 08/14/12
 Great job!  Every little battle won helps increase your confidence, I'm sure!  Way to go!!  
Age: 32yrs; Height: 5'5;  HW 254lbs; SW(8/14/12) 244lbs; CW 212bls

ready2be140
on 9/8/12 9:04 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 Way to go!!   I thinking being out in social situation especially like the baby shower is one of the hardest to deal with it-and you came through with flying colors!  Nice job girl! 
(deactivated member)
on 9/8/12 9:53 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Great job making the right choices!
Cheryle
on 9/9/12 5:41 am - VA
you had bread ? i am  5 months out today and dont eat bread.. well maybe a bite here and there but thats it.  ( i made an easy beer bread and wanted to taste it.. it wasn't all that anyways ), - 3 cups self rising flour 1/2 cup splenda and 12 oz of beer baked for 45-55 min.  I just had about a 1/4 cup of special k cereal with blueberries/1%milk... I guess the cereal is kind of bread liike

artroxy blue
on 9/9/12 6:45 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Bread is OK on my plan in small portions. Protein is the main focus, of course. ;)

Believe me, I asked repeatedly if it was OK when I saw my dietician last week. She assured me it was fine, but to keep protein as the main goal. She gave me a bunch of handouts, and there were suggestions of whole grain and complex carbs, like whole grain breads, pastas and the like. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 130 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics