Hi everyone

Lindah55
on 9/8/12 10:48 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
I have not had surgery yet. I am in the beginning phase. I have medicare and info on that would be appriciated. I just want you to know that I am out hear reading all your posts and collecting the ones I may need later(recipes,vitamins ect.). In preperation I have started a protein shake a day and walking on my tredmill. I already have a favorite protein drink. However, I understand that could change after the surgery.Wish me luck and I will be reading your posts.

Linda
garnetgal
on 9/8/12 11:02 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
 Good luck on your journey! Research, read and ask questions to prepare yourself! As far as Medicare, I had my RNY done under Medicare, however, I do have my Medicare thru a managed care insurance. The approval process went smoothly for me. 2-1/2 months from initial consultation to surgery. My surgeon's office was great about submitting all the paperwork complete and timely. I did have a $600.00 co-pay at the hospital and my regular co-pays at my doctor's office. I was not required to lose any weight prior to surgery, i did have to attend nutrition classes and have a psych eval done. Again, good luck and I look forward to seeing you on the loser's bench!

Kat Kat
on 9/8/12 11:03 am - AZ
Hi Linda,

Good Luck! You've come to the right place to learn about WLS. Welcome!

Kat

TJTorre
on 9/8/12 7:46 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
Hi Linda! Glad to see you on this board. It is much more populated than our poor little Oregon board. :-)  I find out so much useful info here and I love to see the before and after pictures.  It's also great for when I feel like I'm losing at such a s-l-o-w pace.  I am, but at least I know I'm not the only one and to just keep plugging along.
    Don't trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment!

Lindah55
on 9/9/12 12:27 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
Hi TJ,
Yes there is more action here and lots of regulars. I have settled in for the long process. I was not expecting things to move so slowly. I learn something new here everday so I know more what to expect or rather not what to expect. Hope you are feeling well.